Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2007, 12:35 AM   #21
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
Here in Yuma, the trend seems to be buy a Park Model. We have just done so. This is the first time in 4 years we have been out of the Monty, looks sad sitting across the road in storage. Many of our friends are doing the same. What we will save in fuel coming down more than pays for the extra to change to an annual fee in the park. We will still live in the Monty during the summer, butprobably won't travel as much.

smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:10 AM   #22
Tiffensdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7660
It has been my dream to travel for awhile after I retire Just have to sell the house then off we go. Fuel, CG and other costs be damned, I will have my dream! Then of course its off to Wall Mart to be a greeter for the rest of my life I imagine.

As I watch the different things ( housing, RV sales, fuel prices) all showing me signs of tighter times and less ability to do what I would like to, I think back to when I bought my first RV of any size with expected poor milage, I told people then that if I was worried about the cost of gas I wouldn't be buying the rig. The philosophy is still the same, the pocket has changed a little though and it will make me be much more aware of $ saving things - like coupons (Man I hated sitting around cutting them as a kid....)

I hope to carry out my dream of travel for a couple of years before we resettle and plan to make the adjustments necessary to continue on.
Tiffensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:20 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
JD& Mert..At least you are aware and admit to the issues that stand in your way to follow your dream.. Many of us have our head in the sand.
We will be working at Disney this winter to help us live our dream.We traveled less distance to warm weather. The first thing we need to do to solve problems that stand in our way is to admit to and understand the problems...then solutions can be found....you have done that..you will be OK.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote