Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
JnSWells
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12081
90 day adjustments

Just made an appointment to take new Montana in for a few fixes and adjustments.. We purchased February 2, but due to weather and medical reasons have not even had camper out of driveway.. Was surprised to hear about 90 day period, nothing was mentioned when going over warranty at dealer and I never read all of warranty details.. We are luckily still within the time for adjustments but was surprised the 90 day limit.. Last Forest River product was bumper to bumper first year and second year option the same... Has this 90 day period always been their warranty or a newer limit? I know I will probably be in the doghouse here but I would strongly suggest prospective buyers to check out Cedar Creeks and Cardinals.. The tires and mattress were great to begin with and we still were happy with both after 7 years... the warranty is definitely better. IMHO I still love the look of our Montana and hope for years of great camping...

JnSWells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Curious as to what 90 day limit you are referring to, our rig was full year warranty other than wear items?? I made sure to keep a list so that when I took the rig in on the 11th month after purchase that everything was documented at that time and repaired.
Bingo

On edit: I looked up the warranty on the web-site and there is a mention of some items that are only warranted for 90 days, they are:

Adjustments to all doors, drawers, locks, latches, slide outs, awnings and window treatments beyond 90 days after retail sale;

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
lawrenceb42106
Montana Master

M.O.C. #45
We were told this when we did our walk Thur. But our dealer has done several adjustments during our 1 year. A lot depends on the dealer to work things out.
lawrenceb42106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
JnSWells
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12081
Adjustments to all doors, drawers, locks, latches, slide outs, awnings and window treatments beyond 90 days are excluded from year warranty. Was not told in our meeting when the warranty explained to us, just said 1 year warranty.. We are in the Portland, Oregon area (Southwest WA) and would like to know any recommendations for places for work to be done.. Purchased trailer from Camping World, Burlington WA and have been told Camping World, Portland and U-Neek RV, Kelso, Wa will take care of us? Anyone used either one?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
First we have heard of a 90 day rule. Never had such an issue with any of our three Montanas although I cannot recall any required adjustments re those described above. A smart customer oriented dealer interested in potential future business would not even bring it up, just fix it and keep another happy customer. Keystone is not as generous as most with their warranty period, but that has not stopped us from being repeat customers. In fact neither of our last two units has ever seen a dealer for anything, nothing experienced I could not handle myself. Glad you identified within the 90 days.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We had both a door adjustment issue and a major slide issue that Keystone fixed at their Goshen service center well past the 90 days. We took it in to them when we were at the national rally.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
We are in the Portland, Oregon area (Southwest WA) and would like to know any recommendations for places for work to be done.. Purchased trailer from Camping World, Burlington WA and have been told Camping World, Portland and U-Neek RV, Kelso, Wa will take care of us? Anyone used either one?

JnSWells, since you asked, we have not used either of the ones you mentioned. However, we have used Curtis Trailers (Montana dealer) in Hillsboro (Aloha area) on the west side of Portland for all our work, both warranty and non-warranty. Jim Henderson is the service manager, and his wife Linda is the service writer. They are both wonderful and very accomodating. Just got ours back from it's annual season prep and all is well. BTW, if you DO call and get Linda, ask how their trip to Mexico was!!! It'll make her wonder how you know.....!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Jim and Suzanne,
First time I've heard of a 90 day limit. And it would seem very counter productive for a dealer to adhere to such a policy. We just purchased a Montana and if I'd known there was such a limit I'd certainly have thought twice about buying! Our first rig was also a Montana and had several of the items mentioned as only warrantied 90 days fixed well after that time limit. I would hope this is limited to only that particular dealer. If it, indeed, is Keystone policy then I'd hope they would reconsider this insipid policy. Good luck and let us how things work out. Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
JnSWells
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12081
I found it in Keystone owners manual after I learned of it today and called Keystone and questioned them about it also, maybe this has been added more recently. I have inquired as to Curtis doing warranty work, if not purchased there they choose not to do it, also discussed with Keystone and they told me that is a dealers decision.