Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
Screen door sticking cure

My screen door has been sticking on the light switch in the door jam that turns on the inside lights when the door is opened. I even had to replace the door jam switch about a month ago. When the screen door is closed it hangs up when pushing in the light switch plunger making it hard to close the screen door. THE CURE --- Went to the local hardware supply store and bought a small tube of WHITE LITHIUM GREASE. The tube is smaller than a tooth paste tube and cost about $2.00. On the screen door where it hits the switch you will see a small black spot where the switch has rubbed of the white paint. Put a very small dab of the grease on the black spot on the sdreen door and with your finger rub a little grease on the end of the light switch plunger. The last four days in the RV and the screen does not stick any more at all. I put the grease tube in a zip lock bag and placed it in a tool drawer.

Frank

maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Sounds like a good idea.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Suggest you put that tube in the RV toolbox you bring with you. Just a thought.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by maximo

My screen door has been sticking on the light switch in the door jam that turns on the inside lights when the door is opened. I even had to replace the door jam switch about a month ago. When the screen door is closed it hangs up when pushing in the light switch plunger making it hard to close the screen door. THE CURE --- Went to the local hardware supply store and bought a small tube of WHITE LITHIUM GREASE. The tube is smaller than a tooth paste tube and cost about $2.00. On the screen door where it hits the switch you will see a small black spot where the switch has rubbed of the white paint. Put a very small dab of the grease on the black spot on the sdreen door and with your finger rub a little grease on the end of the light switch plunger. The last four days in the RV and the screen does not stick any more at all. I put the grease tube in a zip lock bag and placed it in a tool drawer.

Frank
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
We notice this and sprayed it with silicone and no more sticking.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I use a small bar of soap to rub on the switch and striker plates
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
mamestra
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12359
Did the same thing with ours used white lithium, until it shorted out. Replaced the switch under warrantee hopefully this one will last longer than the last one.
mamestra is offline   Reply With Quote