Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2011, 05:41 AM   #21
bubbabc
Established Member

M.O.C. #9722
My Dealer "Beckleys Camping Center" took care of the problem for me. They even took the pictures and sent them to Keystone. Yes, it was the discoloration of the white around the letters . They looked like they were burnt and had cracks. My coach sits out in the sun all the time but I still think they should hold up better then they do. I take exceptionally good care of my Montana and feel I have no control over the decals looking the way they do. Keystone is not the only manufacturer having decal problems. I hear many others of different manufacturers complaining with the same issues we have. [quote]quote:Originally posted by kingdaddy

[quote]Originally posted by bubbabc

Yes, Mine were replaced under warranty. The Montana decal on my Mountaineer is identical to the one on your High Country.I was at the Timomiun Show in Maryland in February and noticed new units on display with peeling decals. I brought it up to the dealer and he said they were having problems!!It is terrible to spend so much money for a camper and have problems like this. It's no wonder they depreciate so fast.
Quote:

Was it the same problem i.e. discoloration of the white border on the letters each time?
This is important info because one theory is that someone mistakenly applied something to the cap prior to application of the graphic that is causing this. But that doesn't make sense if you experienced it on three different occasions!
Did you just go through your dealer each time or did someone at Keystone help you with this? If so, it would be helpful to the rest of us to know who to talk to there. The more information we all have regarding this issue, the better chance of getting it resolved properly. Thanks!

bubbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #22
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
The graphics company guy didn't seem to think the sun was the cause, but it seems to me to be at least a factor.
Most graphics issues seem to be more of the fading, curling edges, peeling sort of thing. This problem we are seeing is of a different nature obviously and is happening much sooner as well.
I will pass along your experience to my contact at the graphics company...would it be OK if he were to want to contact you for more details? They are trying to figure out what is causing this and it would be great to be able to help the process to avoid having it continue.
Did the dealer or Keystone ever give any clue as to why this is happening?
It would be helpful if you could find out who did your graphics...I would suspect very strongly that it is the same company. Thanks!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:24 AM   #23
bubbabc
Established Member

M.O.C. #9722
Yes, I would be happy to talk to anyone concerning my decals. Performance Grafics made the decals for my unit. Keystone started with the new company with the introduction of the 2010 models. Keystone used to use Burlington but they had many issues as well with the peeling and fading. I talked to a guy at the campground and he seemed to think it was the glue they were using and the sun made it have a chemical reaction?? I really have no idea what is causing the problem but it would be great to have it solved before our units look like crap. The dealer made no mention of what they thought was causing the problem and I didn't ask. I was just glad to have them replaced without any cost to me. I think it is embaressing to have a new unit with burnt, cracked decals. Good Luck!
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kingdaddy

The graphics company guy didn't seem to think the sun was the cause, but it seems to me to be at least a factor.
Most graphics issues seem to be more of the fading, curling edges, peeling sort of thing. This problem we are seeing is of a different nature obviously and is happening much sooner as well.
I will pass along your experience to my contact at the graphics company...would it be OK if he were to want to contact you for more details? They are trying to figure out what is causing this and it would be great to be able to help the process to avoid having it continue.
Did the dealer or Keystone ever give any clue as to why this is happening?
It would be helpful if you could find out who did your graphics...I would suspect very strongly that it is the same company. Thanks!
bubbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #24
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
UPDATE: Got the new "Montana" graphics installed on the front cap today! Looks sooooo much better now. Many thanks to John at Performance Graphics http://www.graphicsrv.com
He really came through and kept his word regarding taking care of the issue and covering the labor cost etc. Still not sure what caused the problem in the first place, but the installer is sending what he could salvage of the "bad" decal back to the company to check it out.
BTW, only took the installer about 4 hours to do the entire job! Also a good guy to deal with...glad to recommend him to anyone is So. Cal. who needs this kind of work done.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #25
arcateq
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10837
Send a message via AIM to arcateq
Well the MONTANA lettering is off the front cap and i am still working with Keystone and the dealer on taking care of my faded front cap. I do not want to put back on the MONTANA until i take care of the front. So if you see a Naked High Country going up and down the California coast the first couple weeks of July thats US!
arcateq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #26
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Too bad you are so far away...the guy that did my whole trailer (including buffing out the front cap) did a great job! Do you already have the new Montana graphic?
Old 06-16-2011, 04:43 AM   #27
arcateq
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10837
Send a message via AIM to arcateq
Yes the dealer has the graphic ready to put on. They were just going to put it back on the faded front cap and then if they got approval were going to buff it after. I said lets hold off on putting that back on and do it right. They looked at me like I was crazy. Apparently they don't run into many people that CARE WHAT THEIR RV LOOKS LIKE! I am picking up the trailer today. Mike Thompson RV has had it for 4 weeks and the ladder is still on "back order" and the graphics are not done. We will see if they got the other 16 warranty items done. I am not holding my breath. But I am taking it and using it and tired of the service department holding me hostage on my Adventures!
arcateq is offline   Reply With Quote