Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
End Cap Removal for repair

Thought maybe you all would like to see the pics of our Montana after the accident. (This is my first attempt at posting a picture on here... so I hope it works! :-)

[IMG http://i53.tinypic.com/2din0nb.jpg[/IMG]

EDITED BY ADMIN

Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Smaller version of photo for Mina

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Mina, this is the site that I use to re-size everything, http://www.irfanview.com/

Then I use this site to post, http://tinypic.com/

Rich

PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
I can't help but wonder if from the floor up has been knocked (slid) forward on the frame.Check the floor for buckling. I'm glad no one was injured. Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bill,
You may have something. Certainly more damage than I would have suspected from just viewing the damage shown on the rear cap. It is something that certainly should be checked carefully.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Wow; that is a lot of damage when you look at those studs and the rear cross member. I hope the repair is thorough as there could be more damage further up to the front of the rig. That electrical wiring has to go back in place and work properly after the cap is reinstalled and sealed.
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #7
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Don’t look so great now but once its fixed I doubt that you will be able to tell that anything was ever wrong with it!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:25 AM   #8
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Not looking good there guy. Always had questioned the no bumper out there to protect the back end. I know they look like crap, but I can't help but believe if there had been a bumper there fixed to the frame that would have maybe not happened. We can always 2nd guess stuff after the fact can't we? Whats the thought on this by others?

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:27 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PapaBeav

Mina, this is the site that I use to re-size everything, http://www.irfanview.com/

Rich

Very nice of you to help Mynabird with the info, thanks for taking the time. This 'puter stuff comes easier to some than others.
Mynabird, thank you for posting the picture, I always wondered what it looked like under there. About the only place I have not tore into.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:52 AM   #10
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Thank you for the thoughts of more damage. That was what I was looking for was what others thought.

As far as the floor buckling, not as far as the eye can see. Also the slides still work fine... both in and out! Would that make a difference on frame being slid forward?

Entry door has been acting strangely also. Sticking where it normally would not.

This forum is the BEST!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:52 AM   #11
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PapaBeav

Rich

Very nice of you to help Mynabird with the info, thanks for taking the time. This 'puter stuff comes easier to some than others.
Mynabird, thank you for posting the picture, I always wondered what it looked like under there. About the only place I have not tore into.
Tinypic actually has the option to resize when uploading...so easy, all one operation. I used photobucket at one time, but as far as I'm concerned, Tinypic is better. I have MS office picture manager, but never use it to resize.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:39 AM   #12
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Mynabird. I'm comming into this post late, and asking How this happened, is there another post explaning the hows and whats. did you back up into something?
I can see why my back wall in the front room is so cold, I can actually feel a draft comming in through the plug outlets not much of a back wall to the Monty. I think Keystone needs to do a bit more R&D and install a bumper or a square tube for the sewer hose as a bumper.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #13
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Mynabird whats the price tag on the damage going to be? I know you told you where rear-ended did they find the other drive totally at fault?
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Mynabird. I'm comming into this post late, and asking How this happened, is there another post explaning the hows and whats. did you back up into something?

We were rear-ended in Niceville, Florida. I will attempt again to post a picture at the scene (soon).

Illini Trekker.... approximately $8900 in repairs quoted & okayed by insurance company. The ticket was written "failure to drive with due caution"! Duh (my thoughts!)
Old 11-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #15
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mynabird

We were rear-ended in Niceville, Florida. I will attempt again to post a picture at the scene (soon).

Illini Trekker.... approximately $8900 in repairs quoted & okayed by insurance company. The ticket was written "failure to drive with due caution"! Duh (my thoughts!)
UPDATE WITH PICTURE OF ACCIDENT ON SCENE

Old 11-20-2010, 03:13 AM   #16
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Thank looks like Montanas hold well verses trucks
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #17
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Mina
How are the repairs coming along, are you able to stay in the Monty or are you in a Motel.
Hope it will be fixed before Quartzsite. Looking forward to seeing you and Bob.
Ron and Rose
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #18
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
A question was asked a few posts above about any thoughts on reviving the sewer tube "bumper". My neighbor has a Sportsman by KZ with a sewer tube "bumper". He backed into a 4X4 post at a campground in Oklahoma. The thin metal storage tube collapsed like wet cardboard into his rear cap before he got stopped. Further commenting on the sewer hose storage tubes ... you also see quite a few people have a trailer hitch bolted to them. When you see them go down the road, it looks like a wet noodle bowing up and down. There's just not much there as to support.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:34 AM   #19
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Dieael Guy. I think you was refering to my post about a bumper. I was really stating a viable bumper, not a sewer hose holder. As in a bumper that would protect the fiberglass to some extent. If it were built off the frame as you had done or did to haul your boat, with protection.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dieselguy

A question was asked a few posts above about any thoughts on reviving the sewer tube "bumper". My neighbor has a Sportsman by KZ with a sewer tube "bumper". He backed into a 4X4 post at a campground in Oklahoma. The thin metal storage tube collapsed like wet cardboard into his rear cap before he got stopped. Further commenting on the sewer hose storage tubes ... you also see quite a few people have a trailer hitch bolted to them. When you see them go down the road, it looks like a wet noodle bowing up and down. There's just not much there as to support.
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:27 AM   #20
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Champ 49 ... I'm with ya now.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote