Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2010, 04:19 AM   #1
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
problems after the Norcold recall?

We had our 3400 in for the Norcold recall fix on Wednesday. Since then our refrigerator has on 4 occasions were it suddenly started beeping and flashing a "LI oP" message which the Owner's Manual says is "The high temperature limit switch is open" and "this not owner serviceable". After about a minute the beeping stops and the message goes away.

Naturally, the dealer where I had the service done is now 150 miles away!

Anyone else have a similar experience?

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
RonT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9360
Thanks for the warning. Just got mine done this morning so have not had it turned on yet. In a week I plan to travel to MoR/ryde for wet bolt and Xfactor cross member installation so will see what happens then. A week after that we head for Florida so not much time to deal with a problem. Have you talked to Norcold about this?
RonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
I talked to Norcold this morning. They said that I should not use the refrigerator until I get this fix. That for liability reasons they can't walk me through any kind of checking to see if there is a lose wire or a defective recall part. They then said I need to go to a Norcold authorize repair place, have them look at it to a order the part and then it would take 7 to 10 days for the part to arrive. At which point I will have to return to the Norcold authorize repair place to have the new part installed.

So, it is Friday, next week is a short week for everyone and then a 7 to 10 day wait. So, we are suppose to go without a refrigerator until December.

They clearly don't understand or care that we live in the thing!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Grant,
On my request, my dealer ordered my part "second day." That was on a Friday. The part was here on Tuesday. I told them I'd pick up the 2nd day shipping cost. My choice. The high temperature sensor and module probably weighs less than a pound.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:47 AM   #5
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
By Friday afternoon Norcold found a local RV repair place that has mobile Techs. They said although it was too late to come out on Friday they would be here Monday morning at 9 AM. He said it the mean time just set the refrigerator on AC rather than Auto. So, far the error message has not returned.