Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2014, 12:29 AM   #21
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DonandBonnie

The moral of this story is that when you have repairs done coordinate with the dealer so that he knows you have limited time to be in his area and so that he can take the steps necessary to get the parts in time for your appointment.
Hi

The last time I coordinated with a dealer he was 3 days late.

The dealer was supposed to call me on Monday morning because I made it clear that I had to be at a park 400 miles away Wednesday afternoon.

Fortunately when I hadn’t heard from him by Tuesday noon and I was still getting voice mail when I called the dealer I contacted Tredit by phone. Tredit got back to me by 2 PM Tuesday and had me stop by their plant Wednesday morning on my way to my destination.

While I was putting my wheels back on the trailer about 1 PM the dealer called. When I told him because of my previous appointment I had the problem corrected and was putting the last wheel back on. The result was he threatened me with I would not get any warranty for that problem.

So much for coordinating.

Little did I know that because the dealer was a high volume sales dealer with a totally untrained incompetent service department Keystone was going to deny my warranty any way!

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:09 AM   #22
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
These common instances are a major factor in why many RV owners learn to do as many repairs/maintenance as possible themselves.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:08 PM   #23
JerLinR1
Established Member

M.O.C. #19952
I too am having a very similar problem. The rear slide with the outside kitchen is the problem. The pulley cables got hung up while bringing the slide in and put a strain on the assembly, ripping it off the wall. The 5th wheel is 13 months old and is therefore out of warranty. The extended warranty also has an exclusion on pulleys and cables. Therefore I called Keystone. Again NO help there either. I am currently parked in a Camping World's parking lot, (hooked up) trying to decide if I will pay the $3,000. they want to replace the whole assembly on that one slide. I do not know what I will do. Since I will have to pay the total repair bill, I am considering just leaving with the RV and find someone else somewhere to fix it. BUT I do not know where to go. Please help me by directing me at this point.
I am totally frustrated with Keystone, the Good Sams extended warranty company and Camping World. I am so depressed at this time that I am unable to fully think this process through to completion. Please Help. Please Advise.

Jerry Phillips,
2017 Montana High Country, 358BH
JerLinR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #24
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerLinR1 View Post
I too am having a very similar problem. The rear slide with the outside kitchen is the problem. The pulley cables got hung up while bringing the slide in and put a strain on the assembly, ripping it off the wall. The 5th wheel is 13 months old and is therefore out of warranty. The extended warranty also has an exclusion on pulleys and cables. Therefore I called Keystone. Again NO help there either. I am currently parked in a Camping World's parking lot, (hooked up) trying to decide if I will pay the $3,000. they want to replace the whole assembly on that one slide. I do not know what I will do. Since I will have to pay the total repair bill, I am considering just leaving with the RV and find someone else somewhere to fix it. BUT I do not know where to go. Please help me by directing me at this point.
I am totally frustrated with Keystone, the Good Sams extended warranty company and Camping World. I am so depressed at this time that I am unable to fully think this process through to completion. Please Help. Please Advise.

Jerry Phillips,
2017 Montana High Country, 358BH
Dear Jerry,
I'd like to try and help. Please respond to the Private Message I sent you.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2018, 11:37 AM   #25
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Its interesting that about 2 to 3 weeks ago I posted the problem with our small bedroom cable slide acting up for the first time in 3 years. All of a sudden there is a lot of talk on the forum about various issues related to the cable slides. We are not full timers and use the Montana for about 4-6 months in a year. So I haven't really over worked the systems. I said it once before, I would have preferred a hydraulic bedroom slide like my 2005 Montana had. I believe in gut feeling and they never were good about cable slides.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:55 AM   #26
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKassl View Post
Its interesting that about 2 to 3 weeks ago I posted the problem with our small bedroom cable slide acting up for the first time in 3 years. All of a sudden there is a lot of talk on the forum about various issues related to the cable slides. We are not full timers and use the Montana for about 4-6 months in a year. So I haven't really over worked the systems. I said it once before, I would have preferred a hydraulic bedroom slide like my 2005 Montana had. I believe in gut feeling and they never were good about cable slides.
Well what you did was get folks looking at their cables
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote