Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2006, 05:21 PM   #1
marisolwithsol
Established Member

M.O.C. #6087
Newbie Walk-Through Check List

Hello All,

I've been lurking on and off and finally joined last week, and I have to say that I am quite excited about everything I have been learning about from you guys - I'm even tempted to go to Goshen in Sept .

After what I consider to be an fairly extensive search, we finally settled on an RV with the floorplan and goodies that we were looking for to accomodate our family ( the 342PHT ). I think I negotiated a pretty good price/discount and we are scheduled to pick her up this coming Tuesday! We are excited beyond words and the kids can hardly get to sleep at night with all of the anticipation! So now my questions...

I had found somewhere online ( now I am kicking myself for not bookmarking it ) a dealer walk-through checklist. Does anyone have something like this? I would like to make sure that I am not forgetting something, or just completely ignorant. Although the dealer/salesguy seems ok, I have an innate distrust of salespeople to begin with so I just want to be sure I am covering all of my bases. I am already planning on taking a video camera to film everything and come back to it as a reference.

We have never purchased a new RV before and really have no clue about such things. We bought an older (1990) used one a year and a half ago from a private seller ( and were incredibly lucky that it has been one fantastic impulse buy! ), so we have a little Rving experience, just not dealer experience. Anything I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks in advance!

Warmly,
Marisol

marisolwithsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Go to montanaowners.com and click on RV related links. There is a PDI there. Good luck with your PDI. Share your adventures with us and tell us about your family.
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:28 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Marisol, Sue is correct. On the opening page that appears when you click the link to get on the forum, the great page that Glenn Adams has prepared should come up. There is a spot that gives you a PDI....Pre Delivery Inspection list. Many members have used the list as it is very complete.

We welcome you to the forum. Is you are seriously interested in the rally, I encourage you to sign up very soon as spaces are getting very limited.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Hey, Welcome to the forum. Happy RVing...
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:29 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
First of all Welcome to the MOC Family

I always like giving folks the easy way out....

Click here for those check lists

And by all means join us at the rally in Goshen. You will have a blast and you'll be meeting some of the greatest folks on Earth. After which you will be able to put faces to the names of the family members here on the forum.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:11 AM   #6
marisolwithsol
Established Member

M.O.C. #6087
Thank you so much for the link and the welcome! I found and printed off the lists, so now I feel like I/we are armed and ready to go!

Someone had asked about my family, so although I won't pull out the mile long strip of photos from my wallet... ha ha. My husband and I live in Southwest MI and have 3 kids, 14, 8 and 6 years old, along with a little dog and a big cat. We started camping a year and a half ago when I bought an old RV -ahem- without my husbands blessing. Thank goodness my hunch was dead on and he now enjoys it as much as we do, lol! We have now gone places and done things that we NEVER would have done before and have created some fantastic family memories already. We can't wait to keep on traveling and we think we are fairly lucky to have an "alternative" lifestyle where we have the flexiblity to pick up and go pretty much whenever we want. We both are self employed, work from home and homeschool the kids, so when we want to loose money, we go camping, lol!

Warmly,
Marisol
Old 07-31-2006, 09:00 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Marisol!

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:56 PM   #8
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
Marisol welcome to the club and hope you have a great time RVing some of the best times we've had with our daughters growing up has centered around camping we just got a lot bigger and better tent when they all moved out but they still come camping now with us they get the tent the wife and I and the grandkids get the Monty lol good luck with your new Monty and if there is anything we can help you with just ask I have found that being a member here for just a short time myself is that all the folks here really do care and always take the time to respond to all my questions good luck and hope to meet you and yours someday on the road

tim ford
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #9
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Marisol,

We used the check lists that were here on the thread and they were wonderful. I hope you don't have any major items that need to be addressed. Happy camping to you and welcome to the forum.

Colleen

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:10 AM   #10
marisolwithsol
Established Member

M.O.C. #6087
Well, we brought her home! It would figure that we picked the hottest day of the entire year to go through the PDI and walk through process, it sure made us wonder why we didn't get the second A/C, lol. I do have some additional questions about minor repair issues, but I'm not sure which topic to post them in.

We are going to try to head out tomorrow or Friday for a campground on Lake Michigan for our shakedown trip, I can't wait! Thanks for the links, they came in very handy for this very "green" RVer.

Warmly,
Marisol