Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2019, 09:11 AM   #1
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Dealership Shoutouts

I don't know if this has been done before. Many RVer's have legitimately negative experiences on a variety of levels. It's been said that the Dealership can make or break the entire experience of buying, owning, and managing warranty issues.

To that end I wanted to share my positive experience...perhaps others can benefit.

RV Corral in Eugene, Oregon was, and continues to be, a pleasure to work with. I researched various dealers within driving distance from us before making a purchase. RV Corral had a good reputation for taking good care of their customers and RV issues. That has also been my experience and wanted to give credit where credit is due. I've been in sales and customer service most of my professional career so I know what good service looks like. RV Corral's parts and service departments have been a good example of customer service. I would highly recommend this dealership

Does someone else have a good experience and recommendation?

jsb5717 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We have a great little dealer here Toneys RV and then we have Camper World now known as Gander Outdoor.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #3
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
I don't know of any dealerships to recommend. My experience is usually good on the sales side. The service side is what keeps me from returning. It's like service is a necessary evil for a dealership.

RV express in Visalia, CA is a repair shop and highly recommended.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:41 AM   #4
Russ&Reen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21546
Town and Country in Clyde OH are excellent people to work with. They went above and beyond for us when we bought our 3811, and the prep work was excellent. We left with an RV with zero issues. When we called them after the sale they were extremely helpful.
Russ&Reen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:41 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ&Reen View Post
Town and Country in Clyde OH are excellent people to work with. They went above and beyond for us when we bought our 3811, and the prep work was excellent. We left with an RV with zero issues. When we called them after the sale they were extremely helpful.
We have purchased two Montana's from Town& country in Clyde, Ohio they are a family dealership. Great sales and great service.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:09 PM   #6
GreG L.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21993
I just ordered a 2020 3561 form Folsom Lake RV outside of Sacramento CA. So far so good, we will see when it comes in and I want to do a 5 hour + walk through before I hand over the check. Unfortunately I only live in CA 5 months a year and the remainder in FL, the only warranty source I have in FL is Camping World .
GreG L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:19 PM   #7
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreG L. View Post
I just ordered a 2020 3561 form Folsom Lake RV outside of Sacramento CA. So far so good, we will see when it comes in and I want to do a 5 hour + walk through before I hand over the check. Unfortunately I only live in CA 5 months a year and the remainder in FL, the only warranty source I have in FL is Camping World .

I have bought 2 rigs from them in 15 years. The sales side is excellent. The service side has ranged for crappy to outstanding depending on who is in charge and the level of the servcie technicians. Recently they have been pretty good. The ownership is very responsive to any problem you might incur.

One important attribute is the delearship does work as an advocate for the customer when dealing with Keystone.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:04 PM   #8
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Sunny Island RV in Rockford, IL , I didnt purchase my Monte there as they dont carry them, but there service dept really goes the extra mile

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:34 PM   #9
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
We have received outstanding service from Tucson Camping World. We did not buy there but they have provided great warranty service.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We purchased in Clyde Ohio but we travel a lot and are not near there most of the year. We have had service from several dealers all over the country with not a problem. We first call Keystone service center tell them where we are and what we need and they have always found us a dealer and paved the way
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:21 PM   #11
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
RV Outlet USA in Ringsgold, VA will beat any legitimate price, and their service department has been a pleasant experience. Highly recommended. What’s surprising on sales, they deal straight over the phone and out price anyone.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:41 AM   #12
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
RV Station -Nacogdoches TX - didn't buy there but he Service Manager, hopefully he stays there, got warranty work done for us and the parts department has gone out of their way to help

As mentioned above it all depends on the Service Manager
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:23 AM   #13
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Its been nearly 12 years now, but I ordered ,and went and got our 2008 3400RL.
The dealer was Walnut Ridge RV in New Castle ,Indiana. I did everything online, and the phone. Could not have asked for a better dealership on the purchasing part. I live in Utah, so never used their service dept., but have to believe it is as good as their sales department.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:51 PM   #14
Alkass

M.O.C. #19983
If your ever in my corner of BC Rock Island RV, Trail BC has great service, they have looked after my new High Country and before that my old tt.
Alkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:34 PM   #15
JPDoege
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23236
Send a message via Skype™ to JPDoege
Collier RV, Rockford, IL. Has a great service department with people that really understand.
JPDoege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:21 PM   #16
prodhair

M.O.C. #21566
Folsom Lake RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreG L. View Post
Bought our 2114 3155RL from Folsom Lake RV, in the first two + years they went through 4 service managers, good service was non-existent. Took over two years to have closet doors replaced. They keep RV over two months even though you had an appointment and knew ahead of time what was wrong. Bought five year exterior coating that they no longer carry and will not now honor needed service. I know that all service centers experience difficulties but this dealership only cares about the sale and nothing after the sale.
JD
prodhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:48 PM   #17
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
I don't know of any dealerships to recommend. My experience is usually good on the sales side. The service side is what keeps me from returning. It's like service is a necessary evil for a dealership.

RV express in Visalia, CA is a repair shop and highly recommended.
This I suspect is the experience of the vast majority of RV owners.

A SALES dealer with a CONSISTENTLY great service department is I am almost certain the exception (and a very small percentage exception) not the rule.

Lets be honest, SALES dealers make their money off of moving product off the lot. The vast majority only have a service department to support that effort.

By contrast a SERVICE only RV repair shop depends on returning customers and a good reputation for doing the job right. Their objective is to do it right the first time and as quickly as possible. Your rig won't sit at a decent Repair only shop very long waiting on parts like it will at a sales dealership.

Which brings me back to "Buy where you get the best overall deal" "get it serviced at a SERVICE ONLY repair shop"! With very rare exception you will be substantial money ahead and have far superior service experience.

Just because the salesman at the dealership treats you nice does not mean he is actually giving you a good deal. In fact, as a former salesman, I can assure you that if you like the salesman that sold you your RV more than likely you paid too much and he is smiling all the way to the bank.........
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:14 AM   #18
travelcade
Established Member

M.O.C. #23237
Dakota RV in Rapid City, S. Dakota was very helpful during our 10,000 mile trip. We had 2 blowouts (china bombs), the second of which took out a water line. They looked at it, told what was needed to repair it, and had us rung up all within 10 minutes. They were having customer appreciation day and even fed us buffalo burgers and brats. Although we had never been there before and may never be again they treated us like royalty! Great job guys!
travelcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:22 AM   #19
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA is FIRST CLASS all the way in sales & service.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:18 AM   #20
suny07
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21337
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeFulltime View Post
Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA is FIRST CLASS all the way in sales & service.

I fully agree - one of the bests out there www.northgaterv.com
We purchased 2 rigs there yet and are absolutely thrilled with the people.

Mike

Montana 3123RL Legacy 'Boon-docking Edition'
RAM 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
suny07 is offline   Reply With Quote