Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #1
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
Thanks to Mark Krol

For those that have not had the opportunity to meet Mark, he is the product manager for the Montana line. He is a stand up person and backs the product line where there are clear product issues. We had a clear manufacturing problem on our 2012 3582. It was documented by pictures etc. plus a dealer claim. Keystone customer service immediately declined to help, but Mark did the right thing and helped out on the repair.

We have been very fortunate that our unit has not had many issues, however in the end Montana has stood up for the problems. In one case a major one that I did not discover, they did when it was in for some small issues at the national rally. They stepped up and made a major front end repair and strengthening at no cost to me.

If we move to another Fifth wheel in the future it will be very hard to beat the kind of service we have received and coming from 40 years in big ticket sales, I believe the saying “sales may sell it once but service will sell it every time thereafter”.

If Keystone Customer Service would only be as understanding or at least try to help as some of the people we met from the Montana factory during the national rally, I think all of us would be happier with our interactions with the company.

Thanks again Mark!

Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:31 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We met Mark Krol way back in 2005 when we were touring factories looking for a RV that meet our needs. He helped us purchase our first 2006 3400 Montana. When we are in big trouble and need help Mark is our go to guy. We were broke down after a fire in our 06 3400 in quartzsite in 2007 we of course called Mark and within 30 Mins he had a dealer on the way with the authority to do whatever repairs necessary. Mark is a good long time friend and a fine person.We last talked with him at the Tampa RV show.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:44 PM   #3
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Too bad it takes some "connection" to get things done. Good for you that your legitimate issues were resolved. If a problem exists, any contact, including customer service, that resolves such issues should be able to make good on their product.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:34 AM   #4
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
At the Rally Mark "got his hands dirty" helping me with my leaking slide out ram. He tried to find the leak and he helped push out the slide so we could set up. Then he arranged it so Lippert wold come out and fix it
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:58 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Having a "connection" means understanding how the system works and making a effort to meet or come into contact with as many Keystone people as you can even when on the phone with customer service. We attend as many rallies as we can both regional and national and there are usually Keystone reps there. The Keystone headquarters are in Goshen, ind all are open to tours. We make the same effort with Lippert, Mor Ryde and many other vendors such as Dometic, norcold. Splendide. Yes living within 300 miles of Elkhart, Goshen is an advantage. Rv rallies such as the Tampa RV show and most others will have Keystone reps at the show.Mark and the Florida area rep were both there and we have known both of them for years. We make it a point when at the rally to visit the Service center and meet face to face as many service reps as we can.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #6
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
Montana Man, I wouldn’t call Mark a “connection”. I do not know him that well, only met him a couple of times and I am sure that I am only one of many people he meets in his position.

I put this information out there to this forum because I believe that many people within the Montana group do seem to care. Another example I mentioned was the subtle problem that a couple of service center repair men found a problem with our front end that I had been looking for, because of posts on this forum to watch for, and I never saw the slight movement that they saw. They could have let it go since it was a minor on the outside, I did not see it and bring it to their attention, and it cost Montana a lot of time and money to fix. All on a line service workers say. I also suggest that anyone make it a point of meeting your local Montana rep for your area that is responsible for your local dealers. Some go on to other positions within Keystone and are great contacts for information and help.

I agree that customer service should have taken care of this, especially with the clear pictures and a local dealer, of their choosing, to look at the problem suggesting that my claim to Keystone was accurate and correct in all points . My point is that it is customer service that needs to be changed/educated within Keystone. I am also saying that people like Mark do stand up for the product even, with people that are not personal friends, when there are clear issues where the building process has failed.

In my case the cost was minimal for the repairs and perhaps there would be a limit to how much he can personally approve but the point is that there are some avenues for others to pursue when customer service is a dead end. I will admit that I have had very lousy luck with customer service on several issues in the past. Simple answers, requests, or information that should be easy for the to provide and their standard answer is” talk to your dealer “. I understand the dealer manufacture relationship but there should be more “customer service” in the current Keystome Customer Service.
Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:28 AM   #7
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
Having a "connection" means understanding how the system works and making a effort to meet or come into contact with as many Keystone people as you can even when on the phone with customer service. We attend as many rallies as we can both regional and national and there are usually Keystone reps there. The Keystone headquarters are in Goshen, ind all are open to tours. We make the same effort with Lippert, Mor Ryde and many other vendors such as Dometic, norcold. Splendide. Yes living within 300 miles of Elkhart, Goshen is an advantage. Rv rallies such as the Tampa RV show and most others will have Keystone reps at the show.Mark and the Florida area rep were both there and we have known both of them for years. We make it a point when at the rally to visit the Service center and meet face to face as many service reps as we can.
Then why don't they tell buyers of trailers that in order to get prompt and effective service you must travel the country creating a network of contacts? In the mean time they can take out their customer service department as useless overhead.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:31 AM   #8
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Petmoose, thanks for your comment and I understand and appreciate it.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #9
Jersey Devil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
Too bad it takes some "connection" to get things done. Good for you that your legitimate issues were resolved. If a problem exists, any contact, including customer service, that resolves such issues should be able to make good on their product.
I agree 100%!
Jersey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote