Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
Loose Vinyl Flooring

Has anyone experienced bubbles in the vinyl flooring on your Monte floors. I have two areas in the kitchen area that have bubbles and the vinyl floor adjacent to the side wall biffy is loose. It would appear the adhesive used was used very sparingly if at all in some areas. If you have, how did you correct the problem or did you just replace the entire flooring? I noticed the vinyl in the kitchen area is extended beneath the cabinets on one side and tucked under the carpet on the other side. Just trying to figure out how I want to tackle it. If there is anyone out there who has experienced this and corrected it I would be interested in knowing how you did it. I have an 05 2955rl. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EagleRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hi Tom,

Try some contact cement and a hypodermic needle, put a little weight on after applying the glue and let sit a little while.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:10 AM   #3
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Don't know about the other floor plans, but when we removed the carpeting and vinyl to put in the laminate floor, we discovered that the vinyl wasn't glued in, it was stapled. Lots and lots of staples. It took about two hours to get them all out of the floor.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
I had a bubble started up in my vinyl floor after a long ride it was a bolt backing out. It tore a hole in the vinyl when the slide was pulled out. I don't know what this bolt did but I glued everything back down and have had no further issues with it.
kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Gary and Karen--we are intrigued by your statement that you replaced carpet and vinyl with laminate. We think it is an awesome idea. Did you talk about it elsewhere in the forum when you did it? If so, we missed it. Would you mind doing a quick descriptive of the process? Did you do the kitchen and living areas only? How long did it take? How much weight differential do you think it made in the rig? We thought of doing it in the 2980--but actually never had enough guts or time to attempt it. The pulling out a zillion staples sounds like some floor refinishing we did about seven houses back. Thanks.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote