Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Montana PDI Checklist

Does anyone have a Montana PDI Checklist? We are getting our new Montana 3120 and I need a thoroughly list to go over.

I have a basic list but looking for a better one

Wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #2
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Check here.
https://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguid..._rv_checklist/
Old 02-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #3
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Thank You, looks like a good one, I have a basic list and all the gear but wanted a more detailed list and this looks good
Old 02-02-2018, 08:40 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
While you can "Search" for PDI checklist and find a bunch, here is a link to a recent posting with one of the most complete one I have read.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=72800

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:33 PM   #5
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
I have never bought new before but on used dealer wants you to sign papers before you do the PDI is that the same on new, should we complete PDI before signing papers so they are quicker to make repairs as they do not get the money from the bank until we sign the papers???

Just curious how new works?
Old 02-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #6
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
I have never bought new before but on used dealer wants you to sign papers before you do the PDI is that the same on new, should we complete PDI before signing papers so they are quicker to make repairs as they do not get the money from the bank until we sign the papers???

Just curious how new works?
On new the pre delivery inspection in done prior to final signing. You've already signed something that you agree to buy. I do not know how used works but I would want a complete check of things working prior to signing and a copy of things found and their signature to take care of those things.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #7
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Our dealer tried to get us to buy a 9 month old return that they had to make body repairs on. It was a fabulous deal with a ton of options including genny and In-Command. $62K. We ended up with the new 3791 for $58K.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Do your PDI "before" you sign any papers! If the dealer wants you to sign before the PDI just get up and walk out. He's trying to pull something and get out of doing repairs he should have done BEFORE he even put it on the lot. This is what the PDI is for, to make sure you are COMPLETELY satisfied with the unit before you sign any papers and when you find items on the PDI, write them down and make sure they are done before you sign any papers. Some dealers are just not that honest when it comes to things THEY should have done before selling it to a customer.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:13 PM   #9
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Do your PDI "before" you sign any papers! If the dealer wants you to sign before the PDI just get up and walk out. He's trying to pull something and get out of doing repairs he should have done BEFORE he even put it on the lot. This is what the PDI is for, to make sure you are COMPLETELY satisfied with the unit before you sign any papers and when you find items on the PDI, write them down and make sure they are done before you sign any papers. Some dealers are just not that honest when it comes to things THEY should have done before selling it to a customer.
They wait until someone buys a unit to fix the stuff because the warranty starts when the paperwork is clear, THEN they get paid to fix what shouldn’t be broken or missing anyway. I’m pretty sure I watched a video about the QC part of the assembly line.
MARK A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #10
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
...... You've already signed something that you agree to buy......
When you get ready to purchase out of stock or place an order you sign an offer to purchase. Still, nothing you sign initially obligates you to accept a product that fails a reasonable inspection. The dealership can't make you sign "final" papers. You might have to work hard to get your deposit back.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:28 AM   #11
mjammersc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17609
Back to the PDI question - a couple items that aren't on some of the lists I looked at before I bought mine but my dealer did do is not just show how to operate but actually operate items in front of you such as the AC, Furnace (helps burn off the initial stink from manufacturing oils and dust), the stove, water heater (both gas and electric), slides, level-up, etc. Even better is for you to do the button pushing vs them as then you have at least one time hands on before you leave. Also do a spot check on all the various trim/molding inside as they are a common item to come loose in the first few trips if the installer got a little carried away with the air staplers depth setting/air pressure.

mjammersc is offline   Reply With Quote