Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2018, 07:29 PM   #21
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Power cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslopez65 View Post
We took the screws out that hold the receptacle cover in place but the cover won't budge and we are afraid we will break it trying to force it off. So far we are leaving it as is and wrapping the cord around the sewer line container to keep pressure off the end. Seems to work fine.

No word from the cord's manufacturer about their faulty product but that doesn't surprise me in the least.
Ray and Susan
I send you a PM. I believe I can help

Old 06-10-2018, 10:20 PM   #22
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I've got the 90* cord that goes into the unit and I've still had the male plug start to pull loose from the cord itself. I have tried to mend it with the liquid electrical tape but that has also pulled away from the cord. I guess I'll have to break down and chop the end off and put a new male plug on the cord. I was just hoping I could repair it without having to replace it. Oh well, the trials of being an RV owner!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:57 AM   #23
rslopez65
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19789
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootana View Post
Ray and Susan
I send you a PM. I believe I can help
Sent you an email. Thanks so much for responding.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #24
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Ray-- I have not received any email as of this time. Try it again or PM me here on the Forum.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #25
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Ray-- I have not received any email as of this time. Try it again or PM me here on the Forum.
Hey Rondo,
I was asking Ray to email me. He did. All is handled.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #26
rslopez65
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19789
First off, I would like to thank the forum members for the help they offered regarding our issue with the power cord separating from the head. But.......... really big kudos to Keystone for taking care of the issue for us. Mootana started the ball rolling by having Keystone contact us. Alisha called today and they will replace the cord or give us a new head, whichever is needed and mail it to our next stop. This is the second time that Keystone has come to our aid in solving a problem. Big companies sometimes get a bad reputation but we haven't found this to be true with Keystone. My advice to everyone, if your dealer won't or can't step up to the plate and do what is right, contact Keystone customer service and see if they can help.

Again, thanks all for your help, Susan
Old 06-19-2018, 09:58 AM   #27
rslopez65
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19789
An update on the cord situation: a new cord was shipped yesterday and will arrive at our current location on Friday. Our sincerest thanks goes to Alisha Howten (customer support manager) and Sam Lengerich (assistant product manager) for taking care of this problem without my even having to ask. Keystone may not be able to fix all problems but they sure went out of their way to fix this one.
By the way, my emails (two with photos) to the company who manufactured the cord went unanswered.