Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #41
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Karen,
We do pretty much the same. Ed outside (but I have done it by myself a couple of times), me inside. Then we double check each other before the slides comes in. Then we check again. Also we stop as soon as we can, like 10-20 miles down the road for a quick check, mainly inside to see if everything is okay. Like many other things, each couple has to do what feels right for them. I don't think there is a right or wrong on some of this. JMHO. I sometimes do something outside if it takes a lot of patience because I have more than Ed does. But then he has more strength than I do so he does inside things that are up high or take some strength.
Happy trails.....................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:28 PM   #42
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
PHEW! OK.... I'm here!!! Thanks to all who inquired of my whereabouts. Working for the Mouse Kingdom has had me actually studying to try to remember things I need to remember. For all those who have worked for the Mouse... I was "lucky?" to have worked 40 hours 2 weeks in a row (a bit unusual for a "seasonal". They are cramming a ton of stuff into a brain that
Doesn’t like to remember stuff… so I’m struggling to remember… like the kids that I’m surrounded by. Good for the gray matter… but heck on my nervous system. (darned short term memory failure!)

Anyway... this may be a bit of an unusual way to respond but I read through all 4 pages of posts and have something to say to most. To those I don't address... please forgive me. I am more than delighted to see some of the threads and responses that this section has generated. My intentions are coming to fruition and that's dynamite! Ok, here we go: (starting with page 1)

Glen: STUFF A SOCK IN IT! We ladies will have our way and if it floats your boat to pose as a female... well.. are you hiding something we don't know about? Hmmmm????? Poor Lorraine! Don't even try to psych us out and trick us into thinking this won't work! blphhhhhh!

Mrs. Country Guy: Here! Here! Well put! (re- reply to Glen)

Ozzie: you said a mouthful. (re- ladies are part of this RV world too!)

Thank you Steve Emmel! (re- ladies involvement)

Yes, Rich is still alive and unharmed and like he said ' "fellas... show the ladies how to get on the forum and get their own screen name." It may take a few times of showing them how to sign on but they'll eventually get the hang of it... and you may have a happier spouse!

D&M: more about the water closet. Sounds like an interesting story!

Ref. sue's ;post about dumping and driving... here! here! She's right! Maybe we could get a class at one of the rallies?!?

TrailerTrash2: DOWN boy! The intention of this section was NOT to segregate... but a simple channel for the ladies to communicate without having to sift thru all the 'guy babble'. We usually don't speak the same language anyway... even on the same subject.

Yeah! Pam! Vroom Vroom!

yes, Robin! Thank you! Women are from Venus… Men are from Mars (or some remote outer space place… tee hee!)

CatsR4me... Right on! thanks! I think once the ladies get rolling… we’ll be great for each other and… heck… the guys just MIGHT learn something… not that many of them would admit to such a thing (oh, sorry… I’m picking on the boys).

Parrothead: good point! (re: the guys sure got on here quickly!)

Kimmrg: nothing is in concrete. Some things just take time. Some fellas either don’t want to give up the power of being “the driver” or some may have good reason for not letting the significant other drive (like.. someone has to navigate!) We each have our strengths and not so strengths… if you know what I mean… but if we at least learn each other’s jobs… we can support each other better.

Denise of Party Crashers: we could discuss the points you made at a rally? How many are interested? (re- hooking, unhooking, solo traveling… etc)

MrsCountryGal: we do a sort of team thing too... although I did make a checklist that sommetimes gets changed (add/delete) as circumstances dictate.

Denise of Party Crashers... never say never! Backing up is a learned thing and we can chat idea either here or at rally! BTW… sweetie… get your own screen name. Get independent. We’d love to see what name you choose… so we’d know it was you!

D&M: would you be willing to spearhead a chat about solo driving (either here or at rally?) Your experience sounds inspirational!

Eeoski: try hanging a stuffed critter (or something visual) from the handle of the antenna that only comes down when the antenna is down. We use a stuffed skunk toy (mascot from another camping group) that sits on the curtain over the little window when the antenna is down… and hangs from the antenna crank handle when the antenna is up. We then know that when we see him… the antenna still needs to come down.

Ok all… like I said… I’m absolutely delighted to see all the posts on this thread alone. I have to study for my cash register assessment tomorrow and will check the rest of the posts tomorrow. The ladies of the MOC ROCK!!!

Love all of ya!

Helen
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:48 AM   #43
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
HEY LADIES... Myrna Logan has a question about getting the screens out on the dual pane models (see House Keeping section of our new Ladies area). We don't have the dual panes so I can't help... can someone pop over there and offer some assistance? Thanks!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:15 AM   #44
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Hi Helen, so glad you showed up! I had heard the Mouse was keeping you quite busy.

I don't know how to remove the dual paned windows either, but I sure would like to know. Have the same situation in our early 2003.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:48 AM   #45
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Hey Patty! Yes, the mouse graced me with 2 weeks (3 days each week) with training, then gave me a whole week off... to think about all the stuff they tried to cram into my brain? Then the next week 40 hours to see if any of it actually stayed in there. 3 days the following week... but I picked up a couple extra days. It's crazy work... running like mad to keep orders flowing... but when you spend 33 years sitting on your butt... watching the clock... waiting for the end of the day... the running is actually refreshing. I'm lovin' it... and have finally become used to being on my feet for 11 straight hours. (with a couple breaks thrown in). This week I only had 2 days but it turns out they scheduled me to train as a cashier (something I've never done) and it made me really nervous... but I survived and passed my assessment with flying colors. However, I'm off the rest of the week... 2 days next week... then we head north. We plan to return as early as November next year... hopefully Rich will get hired on and I won't have to carry the working load alone. hehe.

I'm hoping someone will see the post, either here or on the other thread, and offer some help on those screens. I know the ones in the single pane windows pop out without any argument but I'd have to see the doubles to see how they are held in place. I know that are pressure clips in these and pressing up on the top will enable them to come out. You just have to make sure you put them back in the same side and direction they were in since I tried to do that backwards and fought like mad only to finally reverse the screen and it went back in without an argument.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #46
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Helen,

Just one of those rambling thoughts???

Don't Dave and Cheryl (WITH A "C") have double pane glass??? Run over and ask them????

Or, are they gone, you gone, everyone gone???
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #47
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Hi all,

I can get the screens out with no problem. It's the darned windows that we can't seem to remove. That is of course if I am remembering correctly! Myrna mentions that two inches of crud and that's the case here with us too.

There has to be a way, we just don't know it. Our windows slide from side to side.

Patty
Old 04-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #48
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Wow, really tired. Out to lunch here.

I just went out to Sky and I can't get the screens out either. However we do have one over the desk that fell out and I have clue as to how to get it back in. So double quandary here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I checked the other thread too, and there is no cure mentioned yet.

Helen
I am glad to read you're enjoying your work for the Mouse. Standing on your feet is something I know a whole bunch about. I have been a server for more years than I care to admit and also a couple of jobs that required standing in one place for long periods of time. It's much harder at least on me to stand in one place. Perhaps they'll place you somewhere where you can move around a bit.I'll keep my fingers crossed for Rich getting hired for you.

Patty
Old 04-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #49
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Carol.... I'll run down tomorrow and see what the Sprik's do about cleaning their windows. Cheryl (with a "C") is very
creative when it comes to getting things like that figured out. I'll let y'all know what I find out.

Patty... I've become accustomed to being on my feet now. Most of the time, I'm moving all over the place, filling orders and putting them across the counter to the guests... but this past Monday/Tuesday I was given my "cashier" training and could find myself standing in one spot for a while. The perk to that is I'd at least be standing on a mat... whereas being behind the counter is standing on a stone floor... but at least there, I'm moving around. It is truly a load of fun though (considering I spent the majority of my 33 years in the gov't sitting on my butt). I'm a bit hyper so this works out great for me. I'm SO hoping Rich gets hired next year. At first he wanted to drive a bus but has since changed his mind and thinks maybe parking lot/entrance gate/people trolley from the parking lot seems more interesting. We'll see what happens next fall.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:56 AM   #50
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
I've moved the thread about cleaning the dual-pane windows over to the thread addressing cleaning. Pop over there to see Cheryl with a "C"'s responses... posted by me.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #51
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Hi everyone-I am Betsy. For tonight, I had to enter in under my husband's name as mine hasn't registered yet. So for tonight, I am exnavydiver Dave McNair, who by the way, mentioned to me today that the women were yelling for other women to join the forum. So, I thought why not.
We have been on the road for two seasons and love it, although it does get close at times. That's why it's really nice where we are staying as one of us can always walk to our friend's house and get out of the others' hair.
We are from the frozen tundra (I usually put another word in front of the frozen but it is not nice) and we have not been up there for two winters so I really don't care anymore. Dave and I check the weather on our computers during the winter and one day it was minus 13 for the high. We just laughed.
Anyway, I look forward to hearing from all of you and getting to know some of our fellow RVers. I will be seen on the forum as labmom from now on.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #52
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Hello Betsy! I think you'll enjoy the group a great deal. Lot's of great information, venting, laughing, and comradary...kinda like the military "family" that you have both as active and retired military (whether as the "sponsor" or "dependent"). (Can you tell I'm a military "brat" and wife? Father and husband are both retired navy. )

I am relatively new to the forum as we are in the "hurry up and wait" mode for our new "Monty" but have already learned a great deal in advance. (Like what size Sterlite plastic boxes work in the Montys' cabinets; that you can put under the stair lights on the Monty so as not to fall down (or up) the steps in the dark; that I am not the only one with "honey do" lists for my hubby; that it scares some of the guys that we are now communicating on our "own" sub-forum and as a result we are planning a rescue mission of one wife who apparently lives on the roof of her Monty...not really, but it makes for a good story (the living on the roof part...we'd likely have already rescued her if she REALLY was living on the roof); and a host of other things.)

Glad your husband isn't "afeared" and passed the word on to you that we are, thanks to "LadyRV", becoming active/more active in the MOC Owners forum. Look forward to "seeing" and "hearing" from you in the future as "Labmom."

Robin

eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #53
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Robin and Betsey

WELCOME and KEEP ON POSTING!

I can tell you are both fun gals, and we are glad to see new ladies sign on.

RVING is a sport with plenty of room for both the gals and the guys. But, we frequently "see" things from different angle. I think the MOC will be stronger for hearing ALL sides.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #54
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Hi-well that was quick. I am now registered as labmom and look forward to hearing from y'all. (We have been in Georgia too long).
Robin, thanks for responding so soon. I am new to this "military stuff", as Dave and I hooked up again after he was retired. The insurance is something else. However, I am grateful that we have something!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave is a good guy and likes me to be involved in like things so when this forum started up he wanted me to join right up. I am a little shy so it took me a little bit but now I am glad that I did.
Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. Talk soon,
Betsy (labmom)
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #55
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Betsy & Robin, welcome aboard. This is a great place & as Carol said you both seem like fun Gals. So you're fitting right in.

Carol you're so right, MOC will be a stronger with the ladies & being able to hear all sides. We are woman, here us R-O-A-R!

Helen it's great you love working at Disney. We'll keep our thoughts positive for Rich's employment with them next year.

Patty
Old 04-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #56
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
wow! I'm loving all this new chatter. Welcome all new comers! Hope we will see you at the fall rally. There's SO much to learn... new people to meet... factory tours (usually... don't know this year's agenda yet), ideas to share, things to show off... I could go on and on...
Old 04-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #57
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Hey fellow RVers-If all goes well, as of next Monday, I will have a new micro/convection oven. Keep your fingers crossed as our experience with Keystone has been anything but positive. I'll let you all know. Thanks for all the support. I really appreciate it.
Betsy
Old 04-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #58
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
I HAVE AN OVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Campers World put in the new microwave/convection oven on Monday and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so nice to have most of the amenities of home again.
Betsy
Old 04-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #59
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by labmom

I HAVE AN OVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Campers World put in the new microwave/convection oven on Monday and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so nice to have most of the amenities of home again.
Betsy
WOW-eee, Betsy, that's great. Glad you finally have "most" of those home like ammenties. Here's hoping that the remainder of your trip goes smoothly. ENJOY!

Patty
Old 04-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #60
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Awesome! So what's for dinner!??

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote