Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2006, 06:45 AM   #1
flyerone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5263
101 in Oregon

We are planning a 2 week trip up the coast in Oregon and Washington, what is the 101 like. We have a 37ft 5th wheel, I have driven the 101 in California and it can get a bit narrow in places. Also any suggestions of campgrounds or places that I just have to visit. Thanks.

flyerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Are you planning on going as far south in Oregon as you can go? That will depend on my answer. As for 101, it is pretty good, just a bit windy and windy

All the way south in Oregon is Harris Beach state park in Brookings now with Wi-Fi. It is a nice park. Reservations are recommended (as with most of the state parks). For private parks, we like Oceanside RV Park in Charleston, as it is on a quiet stretch of highway about 12 miles from 101 out of North Bend or Coos Bay. There is also Sunset Bay state park and Shore Acres state park (botanical gardens) along the same stretch of Cape Arago Highway. Another nice park is Honeyman state park in Florence. You really can't go wrong in one of our state parks, and if you look at the web site and map for each park they give site lengths and also have panoramic photos. In Newport there is Beverly Beach. I have not been much further north in many years as far as staying in the RV, but we really enjoyed Cape Lookout State Park near Tillamook many years ago and Fort Stevens.

http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/camping.shtml

Hope that helps. There are many more parks, but most of the ones I mentioned have full hookups.

toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We just came from there. Loved every bit of it. Check out our Blog.

Oregon is the best state there is for rv'ers. If it doesn't say "RV's not advised then you will fit anywhere.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote