Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #21
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Thanks Dale,
I sent you a PM on another issue.

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:07 PM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dale, if you'd get me the stabilizers for free AND install them for free I'd be willing to sport a couple of decals on the side of the Montana, just above the stabilizers. Small price for free advertising for Lippert, dontchathink?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:33 AM   #23
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Dale, if you'd get me the stabilizers for free AND install them for free I'd be willing to sport a couple of decals on the side of the Montana, just above the stabilizers. Small price for free advertising for Lippert, dontchathink?
Steve,

Let me get up the nerve to ask some of the upper muckitty-mucks. You're coming to our shop in July......., maybe something at perhaps a reduced price can make it so.
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 03:33 AM   #24
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Carefull Dale
Everyone will want the same deal.
This is the system I would like to have. Will most likely have to install them myself as you are to far away for the time I have off.
Well again thanks for all your help on my slides.
We hope you can make it to the May Rally It would be good to see you agian. We know it would be a long drive.
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:21 AM   #25
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Mel & Joy,

I would be honored to make that trip again. But due to my schedule this spring, I don't think I can do it. Unless............ every MOC member e-mails my boss and makes her crack.

Now, let me clearify. I have one here at Lippert, Pamela and of course the most important one at home, Gail. Pamela is the one you have to crack and who knows, maybe Gail could come along.

As far as the stabilizers are concerned, maybe one will show up at a rally as a drawing prize and maybe we can sell them to attendees at a "Rally Special Price". You never know what the future will bring.

Have a great day!!
Old 01-26-2006, 09:12 AM   #26
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Hmmmm..... at the rally in May? Okay.... MIMF2... what is the email of Pamela? I encourage everyone who will be at the May rally to get ready to email Pamela when Dale replies. Having him AND a rally prize of a free set of stablizers would just be fabulous!!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Provide the address and I'll email her! Last time I thought I was emailing Pamela and saying nice things about you the reply I got said I'd sent it to Gail! To your address I guess.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:56 AM   #28
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
OK folks, I was just kidding!!

But, if ever you want to e-mail Pamela to discuss our products, pat us on the back or talk about business in general, her e-mail address is pamelav@lci1.com. She is the General Manager of the Service and Warranty division so, she is a busy lady and we all are in capable hands.

I love attending the rally's. But , I know I won't be able to attend them all due to various reasons. Right now, Gail and I are talking about the possibility of taking some vacation to attend the Great Lakes Rally in August in Ohio. And even if I attend as a vendor like I did in Reno, will be no problem and I will enjoy it. It is no trouble bringing my tools and parts if I need to.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #29
M00N1
Established Member

M.O.C. #1624
hi all it is Rob who started this thread and wanted to thank you for al the information. We have purchased and installed the tri pod for the trailer and are very happy with the amount of sway this has controlled. Maybe next pay cheque we will get the stabilizers, but for now, this has done the trick.

thanks again
M00N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:24 AM   #30
kwbosch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3237
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by M00N1

thanks all for the advice. We are going to camping world to get the tri pod and go from there. Will have a check on the back jacks as well. Thanks, Ken, but money is unfortunately an object but looks like a great system.
I'm waiting to win the Lotto to put my Bigfoot system on.

Ken
kwbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:55 AM   #31
Montana_4833

M.O.C. #4833
As to the movement of the 5th wheel when parked: Has anyone tried, or know anything about, a product called "Strong-Arm Jack Stabilizer?" We found it on the web at JT's RV Accessories in Paso Robles, CA. It appears to be able to set up quickly. It works by bracing both front to back and side to side at each of the four corner jacks. It installs on the frame and braces to the bottom of the extended jacks.
Montana_4833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:16 AM   #32
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Hey Dale, if you were to come to the May rally I would buy a set. Maybe if we could get enough people putting money down your boss would send you and a crew out (I have no idea how many people you need to install, I assume at least 2).
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:40 AM   #33
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Sweetfire, I sent Dale a PM a week or so ago inviting him to the Mt. Shasta Rally but haven't heard back from him yet.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #34
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by M00N1

hi all it is Rob who started this thread and wanted to thank you for al the information. We have purchased and installed the tri pod for the trailer and are very happy with the amount of sway this has controlled. Maybe next pay cheque we will get the stabilizers, but for now, this has done the trick.

thanks again
Rob, those stabilizers are a bit pricey, as you know. As a less expensive interim solution, you can get a set of those triangular screw-type jacks intended for stabilizing travel trailers at WalMart for about $37 (last I looked). You have to crawl under just a bit to use them but they do help considerably in eliminating the up and down movement. Put them under the frame or under the spring hanger, one on each side. We used this method prior to buying the scissor jacks.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #35
T and J
Established Member

M.O.C. #806
When we pull into a campground, the first thing I do is level side to side, then front to back. Then I put wheel chocks front and rear of the wheels then crank the rear stabilizers (jacks) down. The next and final move is a BAL type tripod (not bi pod) on the fifth wheel pin. This stops nearly all of the for and aft as well as side to side sway. I have heard some say that tripods don't work, but I suspect they're referring to the type with a screw on top. Their is no way this type tripod will be able to stabilize a unit (the screw and nut will allow the coach to wobble on top of the tripod)! Hope this helps with the seasickness!
Terry
T and J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:22 AM   #36
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have the tripod with the screw and can and it doesn't wobble. It's a very tight fit in the nut and the nut is welded in place. Sounds like someone got a defective one. I've used both bi-pod and tripod and both seem to work equally well from what I can tell.