Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2024, 06:40 PM   #21
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
The Soy based insulation is True. Makes for good snacking for mice and such. Some Bean Counters money saving idea.

Old 01-10-2024, 01:16 PM   #22
BritBox
Established Member

M.O.C. #29286
I installed Ultrasound and LED devices made by Loraffe to our vehicles and trailer after one of our cars had a sensor wire chewed through. They come as a complete kit. I chose the ones that wire directly to the 12 volt supply. So far, no evidence of critters.
Old 01-10-2024, 01:21 PM   #23
BritBox
Established Member

M.O.C. #29286
I've read articles that the soy argument is a bit of a red herring. Hungry mice just are just not that picky. The moral I think is take little comfort in the belief that your vehicles do not have soy based wiring
Old 01-10-2024, 03:33 PM   #24
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I bought one of the Loraffe devices last month and plugged it into the outlet in the basement. Also I periodically sprinkle some cayenne pepper around the ground at the leveling legs and power cord. I have the Loraffe set to the ultrasonic sound setting. I did not want to use the predator animal screaming sounds yet.

I had to take my truck to the Chevy dealer last month (now I can’t remember what code popped up) and the service writer raised the hood and pointed to some little marks in the dust on top of my engine and said “Those marks are mouse skitter. You need to start sprinkling a dash of cayenne pepper around the engine to discourage the mice”. So I bought several big jars of cayenne at Sam’s and I go sprinkle it around a few places here and there plus around DW’s Subaru engine. Hope it works!
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 06:55 PM   #25
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I've been using Fresh Cab for the past 10 years or so and have only had one mouse in the unit and it got in because the campground was next to a farm field and they were harvesting at the time and drove all the mice over to the campground. I took care of it that night with a snap trap baited with peanut butter. Anyway, Fresh Cab is a deterrent rather than poison. It is made up of spices and herbs and the mice do not like the scent of it and take off for higher places. Farmers and heavy equipment owners put Fresh Cab packets into their equipment both inside the cabs and around the engines to keep the mice away. If it's good enough for these folks it's good enough for me. A lot of the RV dealerships are starting to carry it and you can also find it at big name hardware stores, farm supply stores, Walmart, and also on Amazon. I highly recommend it!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 06:20 AM   #26
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
I've been using Fresh Cab for the past 10 years or so and have only had one mouse in the unit and it got in because the campground was next to a farm field and they were harvesting at the time and drove all the mice over to the campground. I took care of it that night with a snap trap baited with peanut butter. Anyway, Fresh Cab is a deterrent rather than poison. It is made up of spices and herbs and the mice do not like the scent of it and take off for higher places. Farmers and heavy equipment owners put Fresh Cab packets into their equipment both inside the cabs and around the engines to keep the mice away. If it's good enough for these folks it's good enough for me. A lot of the RV dealerships are starting to carry it and you can also find it at big name hardware stores, farm supply stores, Walmart, and also on Amazon. I highly recommend it!
Tractor Supply is our go-to place to find Fresh Cab, as well as to get our propane bottles filled by the gallon in lieu of "by the bottle" price
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote