Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2024, 06:15 PM   #1
ILOVEFISHINGEDISTO

M.O.C. #33434
Washer water capacity

Can someone tell me 2 things. 1st how much water consumption is there for a Pinnacle Super Washer 824N? I’ve googled it, seen basic specs but nothing regarding water usage. 2nd it drains the gray water into my rear black tank. Can I get it plumbed directly out or through a gray tank?

ILOVEFISHINGEDISTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 06:40 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I have splendide washer - so I can’t help with your brand of washing machine.
Based on what I have read here in the forum, and on my own personal experience - there is no consistency from the factory for routing washer drain to black or gray tanks. I had the same question when we got the splendide units and was advised to test it and see where the water came out. Mine drains to the rear/half bath black tank. We can get two wash cycles done before I need to go drain the tank. I have not experimented with 3 cycles…my rule is 2 wash cycles. It actually helps keep that tank “clean and fresh”!

I can not imagine how difficult it would be to reroute factory plumbing on your rig. I have been reading the forum since early 2018 and I don’t recall seeing a thread where someone has attempted that plumbing project. By the way - DO NOT DEPEND ON YOUR TANK GAUGES TO BE ACCURATE! They may have worked for a short time when the unit was new but they do not work very good after that. Search the forum for previous discussions on tank sensors.

Edit: now that I think about it - I am pretty sure I would be able to see the drain pipe from the washer if I removed the basement wall…just guessing however. My washing machine closet backs up to the basement. I suppose if I was of a mind to put in a dedicated separate drain pipe for bypassing the black tank - I would try to put in some sort of diverter valve so I could manually switch where the washer drains. I would be very proud of accomplishing such a task given my skill level. I would probably use the diverter once - and then decide it was a pain in the rear to use and switch - and my contraption would probably sit un-used for the rest of time. I have projects in my past that looked so cool at first - the the shiny wore off and I got lazy.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 09:23 AM   #3
Gonefishing
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #33285
Have a Splendide washer mine drains into the gray tank. Have never tested to see how many washes we can get before emptying. We empty after each wash.
2021 Montana 3761fl pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Gonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote