Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #21
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Shark Bite Fittings

Tom ... you said it all ... no fluxing and soldering, no pipe dope or tape, virtually no wrenches ... just cut the plastic (or copper) line square and push it on. The cutter is great, doesn't cost much, and near guarantees a successful install. It's more or less a "push-loc" fitting and we have hundreds and hundreds of them on machines with pneumatic actuators that run over 100 psi. Used them for years and years. This reference was just to show they are pressure tolerant over and above the water pressure in our fivers.

dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:24 PM   #22
wecker1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20840
I too replaced my new Thetford with a Dometic 320 and had similar issues as stated. Had to install a shark-bite adapter and then a braided water supply line. To specifically address the cross-threading issue, my supply line would not thread onto the toilet properly so I went back to HD with the old PEX fitting that did thread onto the toilet fitting, and determined that the PEX fitting was a finer thread than the toilet water supply line that I purchased. Spoke with a Tech and he said I needed a supply line for a Faucet which has a finer thread. He was correct. Purchased, installed easily, and working as intended.
wecker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:52 AM   #23
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
I installed a Dometic 320 in my 3750fl. I also installed a shutoff valve where the PEX comes through the floor just in case I have a leak in the future or I need to do some maint. on it. This way I can isolate from the system without having to shut the water off. Since our campers are all plummed with PEX I invested several hundred dollars and purchaced the tooling, fittings and PEX lines and I keep them on my camper just in case I get a leak I can repair it.
DmaxDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:34 AM   #24
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxDually View Post
ISince our campers are all plummed with PEX I invested several hundred dollars and purchaced the tooling, fittings and PEX lines and I keep them on my camper just in case I get a leak I can repair it.
I did the same.. .

Upon more reading as to why the Thetford toilets flood the camper, I came across many threads and even talked with my dealer. Most seem to point to low water pressure not helping to seal off the foot when it's let go after flushing, resulting in a trickle of water that continues to fill the bowl, and if not caught, overruns and floods the camper.