Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2004, 12:32 AM   #1
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Montana

Been up all night and we are leaving for Montana today! However the male counter part to this couple slept all night and most of the day yesterday. He had a too much fun on Saturday and spent the day recuperating. Plus he broke his big toe real bad. So he's a hurtin.

We are headed up to Bay City via the back roads and then on to I 75 north to the Mackinaw Bridge and then either up further the west, or west then up further so we can arrive in Wisconsin. Don't know if we'll make it that far all in the first day?

If I get real bored I will be surfing the web in the car. LOL

When we see another Montana we'll be flashing our lights twice, so if you see a Big Sky going north in the Lower Peninsula or going west in the UP it could be us!

Everyone have a wonderful day and week. We'll be checking back in soon.

Patty & Dick

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:00 AM   #2
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Safe travel to you! Keep us posted on your adventures.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 05:56 AM   #3
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Hugs & Kisses

Be safe & enjoy!!! Before you know it it will be time to turn around and come home...

Love ya
Sue
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 07:34 AM   #4
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Travel safe & hope hubby's toe heal's good & fast.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:00 AM   #5
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Thanks all! Hi Sis!

Well we are on the road just out side of Duluth, Mn and I finally have a signal that I can use with my cell phone and the Quick to Net. We drove Twelve hours yesterday and were beat. We're doing well today now. I was going to say this a.m. but heck here it's already past noon.

My signal just beeped so I'm going to loose my signal. I will sign on hopefully this evening and write more. We have seen a lot of Montana's!

Our best to everyone,
Patty & Dick
Old 07-06-2004, 07:01 PM   #6
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2

We are now in North Dakota, nearly 2/3's of the way across the state. We drove 12 hours Monday and nearly another 12 today. We could make it to our destination if we do that again tomorrow. However, we think we'll do one six hour day and another 4 hour day the following day. That way when we are on US 2 going under Glacier International Park with the steep elevations we won't be so tired, since that is the last couple of hours of our trip.

We have seen a slew of Montana's but no one flashed back the lights at us. I have recorded them and will post in a couple of days all about it in the "Was that You?" section. My cell phone is going to die here real soon. I am getting a great signal, in fact one of the best I ever have gotten with the QuickLink Mobile, but my battery is really weak on the phone right now. We have been through several analog areas and it really eats up the old battery.

Hope everyone is well and I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts today.

Take care,
Patty
Old 07-07-2004, 03:50 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sounds like you're having a great trip! US 2 is very high on our 'want to do' list. We'd planned that for this year but it didn't work out for us. Take lots of pictures! And post your adventures!

12 hours! I remember doing that kind of thing on vacations but these days we consider anything longer than 4 to 5 hours as a long driving day! We're seriously thinking of doing the 370 miles to Sioux Falls in one day instead of our usual two days!

Keep having fun and letting us enjoy it along with you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:59 AM   #8
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Have fun and drive safe! US 2 is a nice highway but you never see anyone. LOL And the gas stations are few and far between. I remember praying we were going to make it to the next one. LOL Where in Montana are you going?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RC and Samantha

We are now in North Dakota, nearly 2/3's of the way across the state. We drove 12 hours Monday and nearly another 12 today. We could make it to our destination if we do that again tomorrow. However, we think we'll do one six hour day and another 4 hour day the following day. That way when we are on US 2 going under Glacier International Park with the steep elevations we won't be so tired, since that is the last couple of hours of our trip.

We have seen a slew of Montana's but no one flashed back the lights at us. I have recorded them and will post in a couple of days all about it in the "Was that You?" section. My cell phone is going to die here real soon. I am getting a great signal, in fact one of the best I ever have gotten with the QuickLink Mobile, but my battery is really weak on the phone right now. We have been through several analog areas and it really eats up the old battery.

Hope everyone is well and I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts today.

Take care,
Patty
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:54 PM   #9
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:

Thanks all! Hi Sis!
Hi to you too Sis!!

Mom & Dad made it back home from Florida. They brought the cooler weather with them . Thank God!

You hopefully will be settled by the time you read this. We just got home from schooling at the horse show, off early tomorrow morning to show.

Keep us posted.

Love ya
Old 07-09-2004, 12:26 AM   #10
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Hope you have a great trip. I'd like a report on the part about going through the mountains.

I am connecting with a cell phone too and it seems to be working pretty well, although I'm not going down the road doing it. Have you tried plugging your phone into the trucks lighter with and rapid charger while you are online in the truck? Not sure it would keep the charge up, but it seems like it would.

Have fun!
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #11
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Hello everyone!

We're finally here. Actually we arrived yesterday but couldn't get on-line because at the campground we can't get a strong enough signal to even use our cell phones, let alone digital.

I am now on-line via the cell phone for a modem up at our property. I'm playing at this while Dick is cutting up downed timber for fire wood. Just a little while ago I heard some colorful language and he had dropped a log on his broken toe. I'm not sure when the poor man is going to be able to put on his shoes to go mountain biking? He's kicking himself in the bottom right now for not bringing his golf clubs. They have a brand new small course here and he'd be able to do that.

Fortunately there is plenty to do & see, not to mention just plain relax at the campsite. Retirement is hopefully three years away and we are both trying to be really careful and not wish our lives away while we are waiting. I'm still trying to convince him we need to full time for a couple of years before we settle back into a stick house.

We did end up doing the 8 hour then 4 hour day. Thank goodness to as the winds were really strong on Wednesday. Even in the lay over RV Park we were in that night it felt like we might be playing the Wizard of Oz and take off into the air.

We saw Jim n Karan. We met them for lunch. They both look great and are having a wonderful time Work Camping in Glacier again this year. They are two of the nicest people. We may leave here a day or two early and go to Glacier and camp near them on our way out. Sure would be nice to spend some time with them, particularly since they are not going to be able to attend the Rally.
It's just beautiful here today. Temps in near 80 and the bluest, sunniest & largest sky you'll ever see. It's not as hot as last year and everything is really green. They've had a lot of rain here too. At least that is cutting down the risk of forest fires which they had so bad last year. Heck they even evacuated Glacier and Jim n Karan had to leave early because of the fires.

Quote:
quote:as posted by fla native...

...Hope you have a great trip. I'd like a report on the part about going through the mountains.

I am connecting with a cell phone too and it seems to be working pretty well, although I'm not going down the road doing it. Have you tried plugging your phone into the trucks lighter with and rapid charger while you are on-line in the truck? Not sure it would keep the charge up, but it seems like it would.
She pulled great through the mountains. No problems at all. I wasn't even white knuckled like last time. I'm a tad bit height phobic. (Actually a tad is mildly putting it. ) So a few of my calm down pills and I was great. What ever it takes right?

I wish I could plug in my phone while on the computer but my phone only has one port (?) and it's either for the charger or the cable to hook up to the computer. I read somewhere that Motorola has a phone you can do both at the same time with. It's not tri-mode though and we are in too many remote locations to only rely on digital. Maybe my next phone will be like that in a year when I am ready for a phone upgrade? By then Verizon should have even more towers up. I'd go satellite if it weren't so cost prohibitive.

Quote:
quote:as posted by Melissa and Mike S...

...Have fun and drive safe! US 2 is a nice highway but you never see anyone. LOL And the gas stations are few and far between. I remember praying we were going to make it to the next one. LOL Where in Montana are you going?
We are in Eureka, Montana. In the north west corner of the state. Seven miles from the Canadian border. God's country!

US 2 is really not bad and we haven't had any problems really on gas stations to get diesel and this trip I am writing down all the places where there are good stations and decent stop overs for the night before proceeding on the journey.

I haven't got my list of Montana's with me, but will compose a post at the camper and try and make it back to signal-ville tomorrow and post.

One bummer is they sent my central vac to our home when they were suppose to send it here to our campground and it was suppose to be waiting for us. They have now sent another this way but it's not due to arrive until the 14th. Not good since I left the other vacuum at home with the sincere hope that our daughter might use it a time or two while we are away in the living room. Doubtful, but one can always hope.

Hi Sis and good luck on the show. I know all will go well.

Everyone have a great weekend! Today is our anniversary...not our wedding anniversary but 22 years ago today I met the love of my life and we have been together ever since. I am truly a blessed woman.

Patty/Samantha
Old 07-09-2004, 06:07 PM   #12
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:

Hi Sis and good luck on the show. I know all will go well.

Patty/Samantha
Thanks, we received a call just today, she made it to the "NAYRC" aka North American Young Riders Championships. Only "4" riders from our 5 state zone made the team, and she is one of them.

Oh, and Patty, I upgraded my cell phone today, and I am on the net with my cell phone right now, so now I can get on while were on the road showing. Just had to test it out!!!!

ENJOY yourselves, I know you will. Congratulations on the anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long already.