Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > House Keeping
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
cat box

We have solved the problem of where to put cat box. We have a kit that trains our cat to use the toilet. Now if we could just get him to flush!!
Didn't throw the cat box away. Still use it in truck when we travel, so kitty will have a bathroom handy.
Don't know if this is going to work but giving it a chance.

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dusty,
Many years ago when visiting a neighbor, we were sitting there and all of a sudden the toilet flushed. It was the cat. He was a big furry thing and they had trained him to use the toilet. They started by putting Saran Wrap across the bowl with kitty litter on it and eventually they removed the kitty litter and Saran Wrap and the cat continued to use the toilet. I never did figure out how they got him to push the handle down, but he did, so help me!!

Good luck.

Edited: Oops! I should not have posted here as it's the Gal's thread. Sorry. I didn't delete it because it will give you hope.

Sorry ladies.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
First thing that came to mind was that movie with Barbara Steisand (Meet the Fockers?) when the cat flushed the dog down the toilet!

I am envious that there is hope that the cats can be trained to actually use the toilet (and I understand it is NOT one of those "urban" myths and they CAN actually be trained)...my biggest concern with regard to our Yorkies is that they are used to having unfettered entrance and egress from the stick house courtesy of a "doggy door" and with the RV we'll be going back to midnight walks if for no other reason than to satisfy their curiosity of "What's out there?"

Good luck on the training of the cats!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
All I have to say is kudos to you. My monster cat has gotten into the toilet twice. And both times, the drama that ensued was too much! Wow! I am quite impressed!
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:26 AM   #5
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Hopefully we can remove the training bowl from the toilet soon. We have to move it if we need it.
We only have the one cat, "Nino". He is so much like the dogs that we call him the
"Diddy Dat"
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:11 PM   #6
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
We solved the cat box problem AND the kitty bathroom training problem by only having a dog

Just kidding! Couldn't resist
Brenda
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #7
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Brenda,

Yeah, but we still have the where to put the dog bed (which mine only use grudingly on a good night), the food and water bowls, the toys, collars/harnesses, leads, etc., etc., etc.! :-)

And, to be honest, I'm still trying to figure out where I might put a doggie dog that spills out into a small dog run so I don't have to get up at night so they can "explore" (they don't really have to go do any "business")! Doug says not, but I'm not willing to give this idea up yet!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote