Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
**Good News!**

Last Saturday during the snow storm my son was involved in an accident which damaged our PT Cruiser. He is OK and was not injured. However, I wanted to inform my MOC friends to a heads up on an insurance policy change we encountered that may affect you as well.

He was going to work and he was on the Industrial Parkway between Wurtland, KY and I-64. There was a place where the road had been treated near one intersection. After going through that area he was back on an un-treated roadway. He lost control of the car and hit the guard-rail damaging the PT cruiser.

When I contacted our insurance company (State Farm) I was informed that our $500.00 deductible would be taken care of because there weren’t any other vehicles involved. Apparently a policy change or some kind of change took effect about a week before this happened. It was explained to me that our liability insurance would pay the deductible witch would result in a $0.00 dollar expense for the accident. When I contacted my agent she hadn’t heard about it and figured this person didn’t know what they were talking about. I talked with her later that day and she confirmed it. I had mentioned where I wanted the work to be done to the adjuster and when I had gotten up (working night shift) there was a message on my answering machine to call them. I contacted the body shop where I wanted the work done and they had the paper work for the accident, claim number etc… They informed me I had “0” deductible for the repair work.

At any rate I wanted to give everyone heads up so you would be aware in case you were to be involved in a single car accident. Now I don’t know if this is a policy change with the State of KY only or if it only affects our INS co. I don’t know if it was a change in the law but if anyone is involved in a single car accident by all means check it out.

Photo added

Old 02-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That's really good news, especially given the reputation of most insurance companies these days! Would you mind telling us who your insurance is with?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I thought I mentioned it in the original posting but I have insurance with State Farm.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Now I see it in the original post. I guess I just missed it. Sorry. And thanks for the comeback. I was hoping it was my insurance company, but...
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:00 AM   #5
Larry
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8173
"When I contacted my agent she hadn’t heard about it and figured this person didn’t know what they were talking about."
A loss of credibility for your agent. In Florida, a windshield is replaced with no cost to insurer.
These are good examples to keep in mind when we get into discussions on who has the cheapest insurance. Point is, the insurance company figures in the cost of these mandates, by your state's insurance commisioner, and we all pay for these "no cost" items.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Last week?,snow storm? Kentucky??? Then I re-read your post and paid attention to the date.

Had me scared there for a minute....
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote