Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #21
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We hope everything went well with your surgery on Thursday and and you are on the road to recovery. We hope to see you in Q this winter as we are hoping to be there also.

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #22
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Sounds great Dennis! Keep your progress coming,we're so glad everything went OK.
Jack and Terry.
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #23
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Latest info >>>>>>>>> I'm going home tomorrow! Sunday Sept. 27
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #24
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Great Dennis,See you and Mary Kay in Texas.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:07 AM   #25
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dennis,
Glad to hear that everything is going better. I do understand about being able to walk, even if for short distances. It's a stinker just rolling over to use the "man's" bottle!!!

I don't think we'll make it to Q, but we will make the Spring rally and hope to meet a lot of MOC'ers there.

As for the knee replacement, I'm not totally pain free yet, but each day gets just a little better. Keep up the therapy and do what the PT's tell you to do and you'll be running around the coffee table in no time.

God bless and heal you fast.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:48 AM   #26
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Dennis, Great to see you are out of the hospital and back home. Its been a month since I had my knee replacement and I now only use the cane when on long treks. Hope to graduate from physical therapy this week. Hang in there and keep doing your exercises and use the passive motion machine which you will learn to hate, but it works. Tim
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #27
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Oh! I take a nap when on the PCM.

Wonder what I'm doing wrong?
Old 09-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #28
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Well we had a fairly big hiccup today. Early PM had just made the trip down the hall to the boy's room and returned to my chair. Sat down and suddenly extreme pain flashed through the knee area. Tried to move around to find a friendly position but was unable to do so.

Tried toughing it out but it wasn't going to happen. Ended up calling 911 and spending a couple of hours in ER. They FINALLY gave me good cocktail of pain meds to dull the knee. Gave me some pills and said to go home since the x-rays showed all was still good in the knee.

I'm afraid I'll end up back in hospital with the pain but got to go with the doctor's orders.

I'm back in my chair watching football and hoping things will improve. PT folks come out tomorrow but don't know what we'll end up doing.

Wow! Don't want this thing to happen to anyone else EVER! Way too much pain! Didn't know there were that many nerve endings in the body let alone just in the knee!

Take care everyone and we still hope to improve and meet up with everyone somewhere on down the road.

Dennis
Old 09-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #29
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Hang in there and keep us informed.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #30
zman08
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6806
Dennis I', glad to hear your surgery went okay. I had a TKR done in Sep 04 and I've had no problems since. My doctor had me in a PCM machine the day after the surgery as well as up walking, with a walker. I had the machine at home for a week and the only time I didn't use it was either eating, sleeping or doing PT. Between the machine and pushing my PT really helped my recovery according to my doctor.

Good luck with your recovery and we'll see you next year.

Mike
zman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:12 AM   #31
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dennis,
What's up?
We have not heard from you in a couple days.
Have you had any more sever pain that had to be taken care of?
Keep us informed please.
Prayers still coming your way.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:44 AM   #32
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Still working on the PT part of the operation. It is going well but slowly. I still have significant swelling that seems to be restricting the movement of the knee. But the machine really helps keeping the knee joint from 'freezing' up.

Pain level is coming down slowly but definitely coming down.

I guess I should be more positive about this process since the doctor said my knee was one of the worse he'd ever seen. He said a lot of debris was scattered in the joint and that took a while to remove. Also indicated my bones were very 'soft'. Not sure exactly what that means so will follow up with that when we go for next appointment.

I hope everyone else who has had these procedures recently are doing well. Guess all this is probably due to accumulating so many years of living.

Stay well and travel while you can!

Dennis