Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2007, 01:53 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
RGV Veterans.....VA Clinic in Harlengen

It's new, modern and unaccessible to Winter Texans.
Don't even try to call them, the automated phone system will take you in circles, ending up in a phone message session. No real people there, evidently. They won't care for you there, as you would have to drop your home town VA doctor, and they discourage that..
I learned this from another Vet that spent the day there, (because he couldn't get anyone on the phone) Just to find they wouldn't help him.
I guess Texas doesn't want the Snowbirds enough to fix this probem.
If any one else has had any luck, let me know.
If there is any hope, I will drive over there myself. I just need my meds refilled, but they want to see me first....back in Leavenworth, Kansas.
Oh, don't try to call them on the toll free number, from your out of state cell phone....it will not go through.
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:45 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ozz,
Is there a way to phone your meds in and have them mailed to you from your home station?

Also, does CVS or Walgreens honor "maintenance refills?"

Good luck - That is my one fear. Just before I head out for a long time I get a meantenance supply from my VA and HMO.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:28 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
They want me to see the Dr. first, no more refills authorized, even though I handed them my new prescriptions from a private Dr. two weeks before we left. He even noted I had blood work and a physical recently, VA intelligence test....failed.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:05 AM   #4
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Ozz, As an old vet, you should realize that the gov't only honors us with their mouths at election time. Their butts are still mired in red tape. Hope you obtain your meds. We had our scripts transfered to Wally World in anticipation of the trip. No CVS or Wal-greens in Del Riio. Bob
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:14 AM   #5
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
Even though I am not a retired VET, I am still a VET. I did serve 6 years and did see plenty of Cold War action, and the destruction of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon. It was my ship on station during that whole mess. There was a time I needed the Veterans Affairs to help me with a co pay for my Arthritis meds and they would not help me. It's like I can fight and die but don't come a knocking if you need something! Makes me mad when I see and hear of things like this
waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:43 AM   #6
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Thanks for saying that Waldo, you cleaned up what I wanted to say. I tried to just get in the system 3 years ago, don't qualify since they changed the rules. I still fulfilled my part,...I served. (Army '66-'68 Korea) Bill

I guess what gets to me is what we were told during induction, and when processing out. "You are elgible for Veterans care"
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:58 AM   #7
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
You are as am I, but not if you make to much $$. What where you told?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:31 AM   #8
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
I know what you are all going through. I had to go through my congressman to get mine taken care of even though it was written in black and white on their records by their trainee doctors and on my discharge medical record. I did finally get my claim settled after 3 years. They did pay me back pay. OZZ -- here is a website for you, just in case you are still talking to yourself about it. Call your congressman. There are a lot of them that want re-elected this year and don't have a leg to stand on..Regards and good luck...

https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/anonymous.portal?_nfpb=true&_nfto=false&_pageLabel =faqsHome
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:54 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks guys. I will act on that web site, deadeye.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:22 AM   #10
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Waldo, When I called for an application, I was told that I had to either be combat wounded, POW, make less than $30k to be qualified for benifits.
I TRULY respect the men and women that paid the price to qualify. They definitely earned the best care that is possible to provide them. But it was what were told , that we'd have veterans benifits when we needed it. Congress skated on that promise. Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #11
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
I was told the same.