Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2019, 05:38 AM   #21
Anthony T
Established Member

M.O.C. #22888
Thumbs up Lower table

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtheo View Post
Only thing about table I disliked was the fact that it was about 2" higher than a standard table. I took a couple of hours to lower it. My wife just closer her eyes and stayed out till I was dont.
How did u lower your table, did u cut the bracket down and rebend the bottom

Anthony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:00 AM   #22
Anthony T
Established Member

M.O.C. #22888
How did u lower the table
Anthony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:21 AM   #23
Bum
Established Member

M.O.C. #24028
Hello mtho, I also am about 5'9" and the wife is 5'4", we feel like little kids at the table of our 3121. Would be very interested in your mod. Pics, if possible, please.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:43 PM   #24
Sitzer

M.O.C. #22439
We have a major problem with the table in our 3121RL. The 2 brackets on the wall side of the top of the table, under the shelf, have detached from the wall due to the screws pulling out of the wall. This has also caused the top 2 screws on each of the metal leg supports, that are attached to the table wall 'cabinet', to become stripped and fall out. So currently the table is being held up by only the 2 lower screws on each metal leg support. We will have to disassemble the table from the metal support to be able to reach the holes on the brackets that screw into the wall. But we're not even sure that it will hold once we insert some anchors into the wall and then rescrew it in. The table is just so heavy and the side wall doesn't seem to be sturdy enough to hold it up, especially with bouncing down the highway. Is anyone else having this issue?
Sitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 12:56 PM   #25
cghsatx
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodyswanch View Post
I thought it was just me complaining on the table height! I'm 5'9" and have to sit on a pillow!!
I'm 6 foot and had to sit on a pillow. I strongly disliked that table and after the 2 year warranty was out, had it taken out and put in a counter top/desktop along the outer slide wall. I have 2 nice wood cabinet on each end holding it all up. We took out the inside part of the outside TV enclosure because we never used it. Still have the pop up electrical thing and access to the AC outlet
cghsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:14 AM   #26
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I'm 5'11" and my wife is 5'8". We actually like the table, but it's too high for us as well. I do computer work and work while on the road. Trying to use this table as a desk is very difficult and not ergonomically comfortable. I haven't tried sitting on a pillow, but at some point, my legs would hit the bottom of the table or hang not touching the floor so that would only cause a new problem.
BTW, it's easy to put stuff in the storage under the table and then forget where you put it and spend days searching, ask me how I know...
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote