Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Electrical problems with the landing gear, etc.

Hello

FWI

About 4 or 5 months ago I removed the Lippert remote receiver from my Montana and replaced it with a fuse block and fused all lines to equipment with the size fuses recommended by the manufacture of the items being fused. I didn’t remove the single fuse holder that Keystone had installed and use it for the power supply to the fuse block and I still use the 30-amp fuse in it.

I also installed all of the automatic circuit breakers that Keystone had not installed. (Total of 3) I used the sizes recommended by the manufacturer of the equipment.

I now have used the trailer at least twice a month for the last 4 or 5 months with at least 2 operations per trip.

I have not popped a fuse or opened a circuit breaker during this time period.

I am convinced the remote receiver caused the electrical problems with the landing gear, slides, stabilizers and awning that I experienced for the previous 18 months.

When you use the manual switches to operate any of these unit while the remote receiver is installed all power for them goes thru two #12 un-fused wires. The only item in the list that uses wires that small is the awning.

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote