Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #21
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
We drove over to Rockport today and drove through the Coastal Oaks park. Very nice new office and I would think rec room.(we didn't go in) Nice pool with hot tub, and a laundry in separate building. All concrete pads with patio on them. Sufficient spacing to suit us. Quite a few small oaks.

Only negative thing I saw was that the park is not complete. In order to circle through, you have to drive through probably 150' of sandy dirt. That shouldn't be a problem. Oh, and the neighborhood is not the greatest, but it wouldn't bother me to stay there. You'll find down here that unless you're in a nice subdivision, you'll find a nice house, then a run down place right next door. That's just the way it is here.

One other thing to remember if you've never been here, the more trees, the more skitters.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay in the park. I took some pictures and will attempt to upload them later.

Oh well, I got one picture out of all I took.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #22
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Thank you for that information Willie, we do appreciate it and will reserve a spot. You are so helpful I hope that we can meet up for a beverage at some point while we are in the area.
Does your wife still work at the hotel/convention center place in Rockport? We are really anxious to get down there.Sounds like you are really the Rockport expert. Again, we thank you.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #23
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by slewis

Thank you for that information Willie, we do appreciate it and will reserve a spot. You are so helpful I hope that we can meet up for a beverage at some point while we are in the area.
Does your wife still work at the hotel/convention center place in Rockport? We are really anxious to get down there.Sounds like you are really the Rockport expert. Again, we thank you.
Sandy
No problem. We had to take the pup to the groomer between AP and Rockport, then on to Camper Clinic for an anode for the water heater. We're no expert on the area, but sure don't mind checking places out for folks. DW is still with the hotel, being Front Office and Sales Manager now. It sure cuts into our leisure time though, as we both love to fish. On the up side, we spend lots of weekends there when she has groups in for meetings or weddings. Sure is nice to have all the hot water you can use every once in awhile.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:34 AM   #24
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Rockport got like 12" of rain last night. If you have friends there, you might check on them today. We were there around midnight last night to tow our sons truck out of the water, and many areas were flooded. Rain is supposed to continue today.

Los Comales update. DW told me last night that they are just going to close the doors at Los Comales. Apparently the deal for selling the restaurant fell through. Ohhhh, I'm gonna miss that stuffed fried eggplant!
Old 11-20-2009, 04:56 AM   #25
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Don't have any people down there, but that's a whole lotta rain! Geez. Not at all familiar with Los Comales restaurant. Sounds like it would have been THE spot to go. Stuffed fried eggplant sounds yummy to me. I especially like the bread pudding that you can get at most any Rockport restaurants. And the fresh, fresh shrimp.

Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote