Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
No rally fees!

Had a couple questions lately about fees. There will be no fees as we are not going to spend any extra monies. Whatever Rich asks us to bring should cover most items needed.
What we may need will be the ezup shelters, they want $125 just to use a covered shelter.
If you have a folding table, we could use a couple. You will have to bring your own chairs.
We are still trying to figure out the Michigan laws for fire wood. I'm trying to get a load of lumber, hardwood, not pine, to use if we are allowed.

Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
I have a 10' x 10' pop up shelter I could bring. Has never been out of the box in the 10 years I have owned it. I guess it is time to break it in!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Steve

You need to know burning laws/restrictions.

OR, transport laws/restrictions.

Burning will depend on weather, and how dry it might be, and local fire marshalls.

Transport, believe we still have those rules, bout not transporting, buy local, etc etc etc. Not sure if those have been relaxed, think not. Have not done so, but, would guess if you look at the Michigan DNR web site, it might say???
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
When we were there last year they did not allow any fire wood brought into the park BUT they did exchange every log you brought in from their stock. As far as finished dimensional lumber like Steve carries I doubt that would be a problem as they didn't say a word about my lumber I use for blockage.

I would call Mill Creek for a more definitive answer.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Last week when we got registered for the rally the email they sent said "ASH BORER DISEASE: Do NOT bring wood into the park. Any wood must be confiscated (as required Michigan Dept of Agriculture). Pest-free firewood is on sale at campground." Not sure how this will pan out... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
If you haul lumber cut to any length it is dryed and not firewood so haul in lumber such as cut up pallets as you can go across the bridge with reg lumber but no logs or fire wood but the loggers can haul full loads all day long as we follow them across the bridge all the time ;;;sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote