Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
Is it me or do you think non-pet owners should?

Who out there thinks that non-pet owners (if all they are going to do is complain about being next to pets that make noise) should request a site which is NOT next to any pets what-so-ever or should go to a non-pet park. I know for a fact that all the pet owners tell the office about their pets. It's not like we try and hide them. The park office should have a card stating who has pets and who doesn't. Cut and dry that is the answer to the problem. (no more complaining) Believe me, we don't want to be next to people like this anyway, it's mutual. Every pet owner I have met for the most part has been very social. It gives us humans social interaction which is constructive and a healthy behavior. If all people do is want to compplain, then just stay indoors. Who out there agrees with me?

traveltunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:29 AM   #2
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
That's a great idea. We were seasonal campers a few years back and that campground had a section where no animals were allowed. We all pay the same amount of money (sometimes more if you have a pet) so I don't see where it would be a problem if you asked for a site where there were no pets. This last time we were lucky to be parked next to a couple (yes, the one in a class A) who loved dogs. Went out of their way to pet our little guy.
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:13 AM   #3
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
There are smoking and non-smoking areas in many places. What is wrong with pet and non-pet areas in camp grounds?
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:50 AM   #4
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
I think there is a difference between pet owners. Those who take care of their animals and those who do not. Owning a pet comes with responsibility. I have had a black lab in the past who was a great dog. Loved people and all the attention you could give her. What some pet owners think is everybody should love their dog also. Not true. I for one despise small yappy dogs who constantly bark to hear themselves bark and the owners who let this take place. To each his own but when you leave a dog in a trailer that barks all day long when you are gone it is annoying. No different than a neighbor who plays music loud that you dont like. I believe alot of that is the owner not training the dog properly. I reguarly walk a neighbors dog when he is gone from the trailer awhile and love to do it. I miss my lab a great deal. Maybe they can seperate out the inconsiderate pet owners and leave the responsible ones next to me so I can get my dog fix.
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:04 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Well - let's not stop there!

Let's also segregate
  • those with children from those without
  • those on vacation from those with a mailbox
  • those with a MH from those with a trailer
  • smokers from non-smokers
  • old people from young people
  • southern people from northern people
  • hypocrites from ME
But...I guess we all have the right to bear arms, children, and barking dogs. Best thing I can think of is to be a responsible and considerate pet owner the same as if you lived in a stick neighborhood.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:34 AM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
If a person can't stand to be around any pets then they should probably stay home. Wherever we go there are pets. I buy Milk Bone and Meaty Bone by the 5# box and share with every dog I run across. It gets so that pet owners can't get their dogs to go by our rig without stopping. I enjoy them. I also enjoy the fact that I don't have to take care of them or clean up after them. I'm not tied down by them. So all you pet owners out there, if you see my rig, feel free to park next to me. Your dogs will love it.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:47 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Last night Ed and I were talking about the fact that in a short time we wouldn't have "Barking Dog" (our name for him) who lives in back of us and barks at all hours of the night. So Brad is correct, a stick house neighborhood can have just as annoying dogs, annoying children, inconsiderate neighbors, etc. Before "Barking Dog" moved in, we had "Screaming Girl" a little girl who not only screamed constantly but also threw things in our back yard. Our neighbor's car leaks oil so he will not park in front of his house or his driveway. He parks in front of our house. We will probably run into some inconsiderate people on the road but most people in CG are pretty nice.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:11 AM   #8
ashlandcpa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6686
Squeaky wheels come from anywhere, including MOC.
ashlandcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:26 AM   #9
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
I had a neighbor complain about my dog barking for like a couple minutes while I was on the other side of my vehicle waxing it. They didn't see me yet but the dog was in it's approved dog play pen on the grass outside with me. It was not left alone not being surpervised. I think this rude behavior is getting out of hand. I am trying to find and alternative measure so all the pet/non-pet owners won't have to collide. Dogs will bark, children will cry, coyotes will howl and complainers will complain. The only difference is the complainers have the abilty to change if they choose to or find an alternative. I personally don't enjoy (just as much as they don't enjoy) being in this situation. I don't feel comfortable even letting the dogs out after something like this. I'm sure they don't like seeing the dogs either. That's why I feel the non pet people who don't want to be around animals should ask where the pets are before setting up.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:27 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Brad, well put.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:55 AM   #11
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I want to camp next to Orv. .
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:00 AM   #12
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chuck and Carol

I want to camp next to Orv. .
Us too...he'd love our Bailey...probably wear his arm out throwing the ball for her though...

The thing I don't get is RV'ing is a sociable activity. If you don't want to talk to your neighbors, you probably shouldn't be going to campgrounds.
We chat with most everyone wherever we go...what is the most disturbing is when people don't respect others using the campgrounds....loud kids, pets, music...no matter.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:05 AM   #13
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Well - let's not stop there!

Let's also segregate
  • those with children from those without
  • those on vacation from those with a mailbox
  • those with a MH from those with a trailer
  • smokers from non-smokers
  • old people from young people
  • southern people from northern people
  • hypocrites from ME
But...I guess we all have the right to bear arms, children, and barking dogs. Best thing I can think of is to be a responsible and considerate pet owner the same as if you lived in a stick neighborhood.

I suppose if youre the type of person whos annoyed enough by any of the things you listed to complain to the park office rather than having the nuts to be a decent neighbor and talk to the offending camper.. then YES you should request a special site for yourself at the time of check-in. Camping is very often a social setting.
Irritating neigbors are one thing(and we all get them from time to time), whats worse is cowardly people who run crying to the park officials rather than simply striking up a simple conversation and point out their problem.
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #14
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Dang, we just can't get other folks to act right.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #15
ashlandcpa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6686
My dog just told me she wants to adopt Orv.
ashlandcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #16
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I guess I just don't get it.
Quote:
quote:I had a neighbor complain about my dog barking for like a couple minutes while I was on the other side of my vehicle waxing it. They didn't see me yet but the dog was in it's approved dog play pen on the grass outside with me. It was not left alone not being supervised.
Was this "approved dog play pen" sound proofed?? A barking dog, regardless of size, is still a barking dog. A couple of minutes to the dog owner may seem like seconds but to others, even other dog owners, it is an unnecessary annoyance that is not being controlled or supervised.
Quote:
quote:I think this rude behavior is getting out of hand.
and that is exactly why we are complainers and complaining about this rude behavior to the pet owner just sets up the complainer for a tongue lashing from the pet owner. More often than not he/she will be told to "mind your own business" or "if you don't like it than move". Sometimes it does require a visit to the office.
Quote:
quote:That's why I feel the non pet people who don't want to be around animals should ask where the pets are before setting up.
That would solve absolutely nothing. In most campgrounds, dogs are in every section, in every row. Most of these dogs are WELL behaved and supervised and the office would have no way of knowing where the noisy dogs are unless some has complained to the office.
Quote:
quote:It's not like we try and hide them.
So true but how many pet owners also say "Yes we have a dog and it is a terribly noisy barking dog because we either haven't trained it not to bark or just leave it unsupervised".

Having spoken to many a pet owner these unsupervised, poorly trained dogs are becoming a huge problem for the pet owners that control their dogs. More and more campgrounds are disallowing any pets whatsoever due to these uncontrolled pets making matters only worse for every pet owner. Or the campgrounds are setting up pet areas and as soon as they do many pet owners scream "segregation".

Quote:
quoteogs will bark, children will cry
Only those that are untrained or to young to know better. Even a child will grow out of crying through proper raising.

The fact of the matter is this...
Supervise your pets! Train them! Control them! AND Don't complain about those that are sick of hearing them.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #17
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Our dogs want to park next to Orv too!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #18
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I have a cat that doesn't make to much noise to offend anyone but us when he wants his drink out of the sink in the mornings.

Can we add the loud diesel truck that starts up early in the morning to the noise patrol? Heah, we have one so we could be included in the catagory....... but I am retired it won't be on at 6 AM.

I just love my second AC that lets me sleep through all of the busy noise in the mornings.

As for the barking dogs....they bothered me when I owned a pet boarding kennel. I just turned my fan on at night and slept through it. During the day lots of things could rate up there with the dog barking.... right along with the RV parks golf cart that keeps sailing around keeping the home front safe.

PS We were just parked next to a person that smoked about ten cigars a day and I offered it up in case my cat MEOWED to loud. Not to mention his Harley that he cranked up in the mornings. If you need quiet buy 15 acres and park in the middle of it and hope that you aren't in an air traffic lane JMHO.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #19
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
I thought the Pet Palace was for pet owners, but I could be reading it wrong.
Here is what is says: If you have a question or suggestions for traveling with your pets, please drop in here so you can share

I feel the non pet owners should have thier own section on this forum where they can all go and complain about other people's pets.
Leave us pet owners alone and vice versa.