Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Door County, WI

Hi All,

I recall that a bunch of you were there this summer after the Great Lakes Rally.

Gail and I are looking at going up there in about July this next summer and we are looking for nice campground recommendations.

Have been looking around on the web and Door County Camping Retreat looks interesting.

Wanna' attend a fish-boil and check out the outdoor theater shows.

Any opinions?

MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:29 AM   #2
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Dale,
Been there, done that!!! Click on my travel blog link in my signature, and see July 1-7, 2008. You can read DW's highlights there and see a few pictures. We stayed at Bailey's Grove in Bailey's Harbor. Lots to see and do around there. Hope this helps. Glad to return the favor I've owed you!!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:19 AM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Dale, that was the cg we stayed at at the after rally rally. Did the fish boil at a little town on the other side of the penensula(?), the old post office I believe.
The folks at the cg were great to work with and even delivered the firewood to the site!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Chris, Neat blog!! It reads like the Mrs. is writing that and she is doing a great job!

I'll have to check further into Bailey's Grove. Thanks for the recommendation.

But, I'm trying to figure why you owed me a favor?

Steve, I am delighted to hear from you! In looking at your little avatar picture, I have come to the conclusion that you had better be looking a little close at your breakfast in the mornings. Something is getting slipped in that is not improving your appearance!! :>) I'm kidding!

Thanks guys, for your imput.

We went up to Mackinaw City at the end of August last summer and had a great time! Thanks to my knee, we had to miss the rally. Anyway, as we were coming home traveling down 131, out of nowhere Gail asked "Where are we going next year"? So, I'm looking into a couple options.

Thanks again.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:10 AM   #5
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Dale, Steve is correct about Bailey's Grove. We had 7 or 8 Montana's pull in there after the Great Lakes Rally. Josh and Alicia are the young owners and were great in welcoming us and assisting with some good recommendations on what to do or not. Everything is close by even though Bailey's is on the opposite side of the peninsula. It's kinda deceiving on distances to Egg Harbor side...only about 10 miles. Recommend the Fish Boil at the Old Post office in Ephraim WI. It was unique and good, plus a pre-dinner show out back as they prepare your dinner.

If I recall, Judy and I also visited a couple of wineries.

We would revisit Door Peninsula in Wisconsin.

Here's a couple of links: http://www.baileysgrovecampground.com/
http://www.oldpostoffice-doorcounty.com/fishboils.htm
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #6
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Thanks for the recommendations, Dennis.

We'll be looking into these for sure!