Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
TV options

We need to get a new TV for the bedroom, we have a 2005 3400RL.Has anyone replaced theirs? And with what, size ect. I tried the search option but no results. Thanks !
Chris

Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
LOL... I was getting real excited about learning about your new tow vehicle, but you really mean a television!

There have been many posts for replacing the glass tubes in their rigs in favor of larger, lighter LCD or Plasma screens. There have been posts for persons who have mounted new screens on the outside framing of the existing cabinetry, inside the framing, inside the cabinetry and using a slide mount or a scissors mount.

I hope other members, will just post the links to these topics as responses to your post and save you some time. I'll go search for some now.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

LOL... I was getting real excited about learning about your new tow vehicle, but you really mean a television!

There have been many posts for replacing the glass tubes in their rigs in favor of larger, lighter LCD or Plasma screens. There have been posts for persons who have mounted new screens on the outside framing of the existing cabinetry, inside the framing, inside the cabinetry and using a slide mount or a scissors mount.

I hope other members, will just post the links to these topics as responses to your post and save you some time. I'll go search for some now.
Yes, I know there were several posts, but couldn't find them. I'm sure someone will be along with replies or links. No new tow vehicle, we are getting this one paid off then hubby is going to retire! LOL
Thanks Art
Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
I have an 09 3585 that came with a 20 inch tube TV w/DVD player built in that was in a swing out cabinet. I replaced it with a 22 inch VIZIO TV that I got from Sam's Club. To mount it, I got two six inch right angle irons, that's what I call them, and then bolted a six by nine inch sheet of 1/2 inch plywood to the vertical portion of the angles. Then I got a $20.00 wall mount from best buy and after doing the measurements, mounted the wall mount to the plywood. Lastly, made sure the TV mounted properly, had the wife hold TV into cabinet door space, marked the screw holes for the placement of the parallel metal angle feet and set the screws. Works well. Hope this made sense.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hi RoamingUSA.... here's an example from OldGuard:

http://picasaweb.google.com/oldguard1/BEDROOMTV#

And here's a couple from Fire5er:

http://i39.tinypic.com/aes2hh.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2d0xa2c.jpg

Look for other examples in the "MOC on M.A.R.S.", then "Additions and Improvements" topics in this forum.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:50 AM   #6
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Here is a link to our TV mod. Although it’s not in the bedroom maybe it will give you an idea that may help with yours. It’s very simple but effective. I will also add that because the TV is sitting back inside of the cabinet a little, it hasn’t been hard to watch. We can see the whole screen from just about anywhere in the sitting area.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:33 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Be aware that Mo-Ryde sells a variety of TV Mounts made specifically for rv's.Check the web site.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #8
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
I have a 2006 3400RL, I have replaced the bedroom TV with a 22" Insignia from Best Buy. The TV sits in a door that swings out while watching and swings back for storage. I added weather stripping around the inside edge of the opening and then placed the TV against the stripping and used a strap to hold the TV against the door. There is an opening above the TV, I added a shelf above the TV that allows me to set my DTV receiver and a small DVD player.

bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:28 AM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Bob-- Do you have any pictures of your mod? Sounds interesting to me the way you did yours and photos would be helpful! I know it's a past project but thought maybe you took some while installing!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote