Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2006, 07:03 AM   #1
Huron

M.O.C. #3827
Dealer thermostat installation problem

My 2955 is having the remote thermostat replaced with a CCC version. The dealer has been working on this for several days and can't get it right. The AC comes on but won't shut off on its own. Dometic has been called several times and alternate parts have been shipped, but as of Friday afternoon they didn't have a solution. I don't know if the dealer doesn't know what they are doing or if something else is going on . They hinted that if they can't solve it they will just have to put the remote back in. We aren't sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:38 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Gerry and Jill
Maybe you can print the directions that is on the very long thread about the remote. We did ours using those directions and only took about an hour. I can't believe a dealer would have so many problems. Make sure they replaced A/C part in the A/C its self and have the correct dip switch turned on. Read through the above mentioned thread and you might be able to suggest something to them.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:20 AM   #3
Huron

M.O.C. #3827
Thanks. I printed everything out and I will mark some sections for them. We're moving our daughter to Wisconsin to start her new job this week and it would be nice to have our Montana like we had planned.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
Huron

M.O.C. #3827
An update, if anyone has additional suggestions. We took it to Wisconsin and then brought it back to the dealer this past Monday, June 19th since they didn't solve the problem before we left. They have had it all of this week and still have not corrected the problem. The dealer claims that Dometic is not very cooperative with help, with the exception of sending another new board and thermostat. We just want our coach back with the new wall thermostat.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #5
Huron

M.O.C. #3827
Picked it up yesterday and was told all is well. No explanation on why it took over two weeks to do it. We will try everything out this weekend.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:43 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Keep us updated, Huron, on how it worked this weekend.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
Huron

M.O.C. #3827
The new thermostat worked as advertised. It kept temperature within one degree of what it was set at! It is ready for the trip out west that starts next week, and along with the low-profile a/c in front we should be all set.

Good luck on the new 3400. Will it come winterized, just in case it is time? Just kidding, you will have it before you know it.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
From what I hear, I don't need to winterize it, with all the new improvements... However, you are right, Gerry. Don't want to wait THAT long to get it out of the factory...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #9
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Went to Wally World and bought the hunter thermostat for $17 and installed it myself, followed the directions from the MOC Forum and no porblems at all. It works Great.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:09 PM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Gerry, glad it all worked for you. Great that your dealer finally "saw the light". It really is not that difficult installation. Just think, they will be ready for the next Montana owner that needs the remote changed out.
Happy trails.............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:09 AM   #11
cman
Established Member

M.O.C. #852
They need to change out the relay board from the remote to ccc.
cman is offline   Reply With Quote