Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2015, 06:30 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
[quote]Originally posted by richfaa

At one time this forum was a place to post problems how you dealt with them and the resolution. I thought it was important to talk about every problem as it might help others. I do not see that as being the case anymore. I have been told I must be doing something wrong to have so many problems. Folks post they have never had troubles or only minor or minimal problems. I thought every problem was important to share. My issues are seen as unusual or not the norm. I know better. I will no longer have major problems. I have had tank failures, Frame flex, Fridge failures, furnace failures. Toilet failures, screws falling out of fenders, Cabinet doors loose, 50 amp power cord failures. Shackle failures. Anyone else had those problems?? I just do not need the hassle. Anyhow my present problems are solved to my satisfaction and we can deal with future one if any. We are pleased with the help from Keystone and Mor Ryde..we are happy campers and will remain so."

I have got to apologize for this rude post. I have been down with a sever attack of Bursitis in the hip since we got back from Florida. We never had a bursitis attack before. The pain was unbearable and I could not move. We are now on a cortisone treatment plan and I can get around for a while with little pain. Helen will be having surgery June 10th not all that bad but not all that good. Nothing life threating. Recovery time 6 weeks and we need to stay in the home area. Our summer travel plans are canceled as in addition I may need additional treatment if the present treatment does not work. So Montana broke, Vacation broke, Helen broke, Rich broke, Montana repair account broke. All of that and particularly the sever pain. Caused me to act out of character. Thanks to those that brought it to my attention. I will not change.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:52 AM   #22
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tbhd2

Rich
Pleases don't stop posting when you have a serious problem. As you know we have similar units with the Mor-Ryde and we really appreciate the heads up. We know now if we ever have a tank issue that we'll know how to deal with it. Already had a tank issue but it was under the warranty period before Mor-Ryde suspension. Believe me we watch our tanks like a hawk. I make sure we dump often as I know you did also. Thanks again for letting us know about all the issues you have had. Saved us a lot of problems.
NO NO NO, Keep posting about problems .I have preformed most of my mods because of the stories I read here. Not because the systems broke but they could break. I just finished strapping all my tanks (not the fresh water it was already strapped)what a pain but it`s done now. what about the tire issue etc. etc. the right answer and best corrective action is what we all need for problems. Keep posting.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:50 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I have got to apologize for the rude post about not posting.. I have been down with a sever attack of Bursitis in the hip since we got back from Florida. We never had a bursitis attack before. The pain was unbearable and I could not move. We are now on a cortisone treatment plan and I can get around for a while with little pain. Helen will be having surgery June 10th not all that bad but not all that good. Nothing life threating. Recovery time 6 weeks and we need to stay in the home area. Our summer travel plans are canceled as in addition I may need additional treatment if the present treatment does not work. So Montana broke, Vacation broke, Helen broke, Rich broke, Montana repair account broke. All of that and particularly the sever pain. Caused me to act out of character. Thanks to those that brought it to my attention. I will not change.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #24
stengels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14162
Send a message via AIM to stengels
Good to hear, Rich. And hang in there. You guys are going through some difficult times and I know you are frustrated. Stay upbeat and don't lose sight of all the good things you have. Things will turn around, you both with get your health back, and the good times will be back.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:17 AM   #25
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
The heck with those who feel that Montana's are bullet proof cause they are not. If you have any problems I for one would like to hear about them and what the resolution was. I have had to deal with 50 Amp cord going bad, galley tank bursting...not just leaking but tsunami bursting, and slide being in crooked and even after 4 hours the dealer gave up, furnace going out and now slide leaks. These rigs are far from bullet proof and for what they cost should be an embarrassment to Keystone...Just looking on the forum at the number of failures of different components is ridiculous. I don't expect a mechanical appliance to last forever but geez, some of this stuff just ain't right. I was thinking of how much I already spent at a dealer and how much I would have spent if I didn't have an ext warranty.....Rich, I hope you have some calm waters ahead for at least a little while...but I would not hold my breathe.....
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:47 AM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I wrote in another thread about keeping or buying another one.. WE noted that our 06 3400 needed graphics, cleaned up and had two leaking tanks when we traded and did not have the bigger fridge or G614 tires. We figured that 6/7 would bring it back to good condition.

We have over 6K in repairers in this 13 3402 sine June 2012.It was a poor investment in our case. We like the 3402 big sky but we are real disappointed as we expected better after 7 years.

Keystones has been outstanding in aiding and assisting us . But nothing can make the sight of raw sewage flowing out of the Montana and down the RV park street right.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:35 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Montana back from the dealer and all repair work seems to be done satisfactory. Good to look out and see nothing leaking out of underbelly.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:10 PM   #28
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Prayers for you and Helen! You guys have been thru enough and it sounds like you have more than you need left to go.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:25 PM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Thanks guys. I am able to move around pretty good although not for long. The cortisone treatments for the bursitis helped a lot. we will see what's next. Our summer travels and camping are pretty much cancelled but we have been on the road for 9 years and this is the first bump on the road. Medical issues must be dealt with first.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:12 AM   #30
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Rich, glad the cortisone treatment helped! Growing old ain't for sissies!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote