Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #41
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818

Nobody "gets" to go to the Fall Rally. They decide to, plan for it, and then go. I'm coming from Oregon, not to get the cream, but to meet people from the MOC, see other people's mods, make new friends, do a factory tour, eat dinner with an Amish family, visit relatives on the way, stop at Walnut Ridge RV for warranty work, have fun, etc., etc.

If I get some issues resolved at the rally, it's OK by me, but that's not the reason that I am going. Sorry you can't make it.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #42
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I know a company that went out and got input from the consumer, followed their advice and built a vehicle to the "customer's desires". They spent lots of money doing this. The end result, Ford lost their shirt on the Edsel. Turns out the consumer didn't want what they said they did.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:56 AM   #43
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
"PR can be used to build rapport with employees, customers, investors, voters, or the general public.[2] Almost any organization that has a stake in how it is portrayed in the public arena employs some level of public relations......" I agree with that. I never thought about any rally as a PR event. Note that none of the rallies are sponsored by Keystone/ Montana. I believe the fall and the spring rallies are organized by the administrator of MOC but the regional rallies or any other MOC rally are organized by individual members. I think it is a good idea to use a large group of consumers as a sounding board. The fall rally as well as the others are open to all Montana Division Owners. As KT says you plan to go there..you don't get to go there.. There are no engraved invitations. We are fortunate to live within 300 miles of the rally site and we go every year. We have a list..On the list are many questions I want to have answered and several things I want to purchase. We may get a better price there but there are no give aways. We go to many other MOC rallies. No vendors, No factory reps, just MOC'ers
That is what is is all about.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:31 AM   #44
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I agree customer feed back is cheap. Its also best to talk to the people who are using the product. The (SOB) we just got had 17 Mod's from different (3 different floorplans) and ideas (wants) that Delaine had and we got just what we were told they could do. I can assure you that a few of the ideas will be in the new units comming off line in the future. A few of them was just common sense ideas and it will save them money. It was very interesting to talk to the people who actually built our RV and ask how many of them were RVing the answer wasn't surprising. The owner of the company was there and was open to many new idea's. Oh yes Delaine didn't get any fee's for the idea's. We normally don't do rally's but found this one to be very educational and informative. The company put the dinner on at the factory and we were able to talk to the workers and designers and engineers. And actually seen the frame they our (SOB) is riding on. I highly suggest you go to the factory's. We have been to many factory's. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #45
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
We got a survey from Keystone after we bought our new Montana. They asked a lot of questions, including how your dealer did. I think this must be something that they are now doing to all of the new purchasers.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote