Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Greybull Campground

Traveling east on highway 14 we saw a sigh that said a good Sam park “Campbell’s Green Oasis RV Campground” was just two miles ahead in Greybull Wyoming and that it had Cable TV & Wi-Fi so we drove into town and pulled into the campground and just by luck got the very last site.
When I give the “Good Sam” card to the young man he said that he was no longer with them and had lowered the price to everyone? ($30.00)
Well we got all set up and did the channel search on the TV and nothing came in. went to the office, and he repeated that when lowered the price for everyone he had also dropped the cable because it cost too much???
It’s not the money that makes me mad, it’s the sign on the road, and at the campground, and yes it is still on the Good Sam web site???

The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Did you bring up their fraudulent sign? Okay, so they dropped their prices. How would any consumer know? And not providing the services they claim is wrong.

Contacting Good Sam might be a good idea, too.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:14 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Also the local Better Business Bureau.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Looks like they tried to cover the Good Sam part of the sign.

I would surely surf over to the GoodSam web site and report it there. It should not be listed as a Good Sam campground if they are not one.

(OK, been a while since I surfed into any RV campground web site, does Good Sam web site list campgrounds other than those that are members. They do that in the RV campground books, right??)

We went to stop in a campground many years ago, on the way to the Great Smokies, was in the book, but was defunct, as in closed, gone, byebye. Bummer. Maybe we did not have a current book??

Then again, we know of a little campground near Effingham Illinois, Percivial Springs, has airport, and campground, quiet, nice owners, etc. Last time we stopped there, they were NOT in the book, even though they had paid for their entry, and yes they were still open.

So, all kinds of interesting things can happen.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:04 AM   #5
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Just a small addition to Carol's post above.

We often travel to or through the area around Fayetteville, Arkansas (Northwest Arkansas). There was a very nice campground near Rogers, which has now closed, I believe because of urban development. That left us with no good campground listed "in the book".

On a recent trip to Branson, we had reluctantly planned to go on through the Fayetteville area without stopping, but Shirley spotted a roadside sign just at the south side of Fayetteville. It turned out to be a very nice campground, and we will surely stop there again if we visit that area. I still don't know why it's not "in the book."

While I'm "on my feet", we have often found our evaluation of campgrounds to be highly divergent from the Trailer Life rating system on both sides of the line: some much better, some much worse.

And, finally (doesn't that sound like a preacher!) I find the WIFI listings often inaccurate. If WIFI is available free, that should be clear. To say "WIFI available" leaves me with a question, and I often discover the answer not to my liking.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote