Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2005, 04:45 AM   #1
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
Talking to Keystone service person!!!!

I called the Keystone service department yesterday to tell them about our problem with the kitchen slide leaking when we drive in the rain. I have seen in other post on this board that we are not alone with this problem. The person I talked to acted as if it was the first time he had heard of this in the 2005 - 3400RL. I told him that I had read of others on this board that also were trying to get this fixed, he did tell me to call a dealer (here in MI, and we bought it in FL) and make an appointment to have it fixed. I told him that we had it back to the dealer in FL and they worked on it for 2 days and it still isn't fixed. My concern is .... why won't Keystone admit that this seems to be an on going problem with this model, and let us know that they are working on a solution for all of us with this unit. It kind of scares me that they act like I am the only one that has called them about this.

rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:49 AM   #2
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
I called them and told them about that problem approx 1 month ago. They suggested that our Dealer call the Montana Team who would help them to find the problem. Diana
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 03:01 PM   #3
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
We have a problem with the slide leaking while the slide is out. Not aware of any issues with any of our slides while driving. But, we haven't driven it much yet. But we will this summer.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:16 AM   #4
Montana_335
Established Member

M.O.C. #335
I had the same problem. When the slide is closed, get down on the floor and look to the corner towards the tire. I found a gaping hole where the water splash from the tire actually threw water onto the kitchen floor. The dealer fixed the problem with a rubber seal. I have not encountered enough rain as of late to see if the problem is really fixed.

Mel
Montana_335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:16 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mel, keep an eye on that to make sure the rubber seal stays in place. We paid our dealer to fix that and he added a seal like yours did. A few days later the seal was gone. He replaced it free (warranty). In a few days it was gone again. We still have the leak when on the road in wet weather but now have it on both the kitchen and living room slides. Keystone is going to look at it when we're there later this month.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote