Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2005, 10:26 AM   #1
Montana_4221
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4221
New Fifth Wheel

We are moving up from our 28rls Savoy to a 3295rk Montana. Our main reason for upgrading was to find a unit with a bedroom slideout because of my wifes back problems. We first looked at a 29rk Alumascape then looked at the 3295rk next to it.The Alumascape was a fine looking unit but the Montana was love at first sight. We sold the Savoy last week and ordered the Montana the same day. Already got camping fever and we still have several weeks to go before delivery. Let us know what you think.

Michael& Diana

Montana_4221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:31 AM   #2
Montana_4214

M.O.C. #4214
I know how you feel. When trying to decide on a new RV,(we looked at over 200 hundred)the Montana was the only one we walked in and said wow. It will be worth the wait.
Montana_4214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:50 AM   #3
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Totally agree serenity. That's the same reason we upgraded was for the bedroom slideout. Now we need to find an a good reason to go to the 3400 sometime in the future when we retire! Enjoy your new Monty and keep us posted.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:02 PM   #4
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
You will love the 3295RK! It is a nice unit; we are well pleased with ours.

Additionally, I know exactly how you feel about the love at first sight; we had a similar experience last fall when we went in our first Montana!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
No foolin', Monty is a charmer. Welcome to the mad world of Montanas. The forum will be a great place to get straight answers to your questions. Happy RVing....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:54 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Michael & Diana, welcome to the MOC family.

We know the feeling of "love at first sight". After months of looking at RV after RV we found our Monty and we hooked.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:03 AM   #7
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Welcome...we have the 3295RK and find that there is ample space, lots more than our old 5er.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:18 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Michael and Diana
We know what you mean. We first fell in love with the Montanas about 5 or 6 years ago. Looked at many many RV's and always came back to the Montana. We finally got ours last fall and we love it.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:31 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations and welcome aboard! We've had this 3295RK for three years this month and have been living in it for 28 months while traveling around this beautiful country. We're still convinced it's the best model for us. So much storage and lots and lots of kitchen counterspace and storage. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we've enjoyed ours.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 06:33 AM   #10
Montana_4237

M.O.C. #4237
Anita and I have looked at more 5th wheels in the past two months than I knew existed. As far as I can tell Montana seems to be pretty much unbeatable. Since we are graduating from a popup to a 5th wheel our plan was to be somewhat conservative. We still have 5 - 6 years before we can retire, so most of the use was going to be in the state park system in MN. When we saw the 2955 RL we thought we found our new trailer. Then the dealer said, "let me show you the buy of the year." (oh - oh) Anyway he had a 1 year old, 1 owner 3650 RK available for not that much more money. We've been agonizing over this decision ever since. Keep with the original plan and see how we like 5th wheeling or jump into the big time. Anyone have any suggestions. I could really use some help. Thanks.
Montana_4237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:11 AM   #11
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
cbobandover;
Compare spaciousness and kitchen storage and counter space if entertaining and cooking are important. Y'all could spend several hours in the units pretending you were on a trip [prepare a meal, watch tv, entertain, a hobby, whatever activities y'all do on a normal outing] and see which one lends itself the best to your style of living. We eliminated several floorplans by doing that. Consider park facilities you will use the most also, like will the larger 5er fit on the average site, road access, etc. We have some older parks here that we can't even enter, the roads are too narrow and twisty with trees too close to the road and the sites are too small or various combinations of these.

Have fun making your choice, we've been thru it twice.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:31 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Cbobandover! Both of those are beautiful models and each is an excellent choice if it best fits your needs and desires. In your shoes I think I would consider all the factors I can think of and then go with my gut feeling. Skip gave you some excellent factors to consider. You probably have your own, as well. Remember that you don't want to be thinking in a year that you wish you'd chosen the other model and the reason you didn't really wasn't as important as you thought.

As for length, Skip's point is a good one. But we've found in most (but not all) cases if our 36-footer won't fit, neither would a 32-footer, which is the length of the 2955 per the specs. Keep in mind, also, that most of the Montanas are actually longer than the specs lead you to believe (ours says 34' 11" and measures 36' 4" actual).

Good luck with your choice. That's two good choices.

Now, if I may add yet another factor to your decision process.... The Montana has a 1 year warranty on most of the coach. Flooring, roof, appliances and maybe other things have a longer warranty. If you buy the 2004 model you may not have as much warranty. So long as you thoroughly check out the rig this might not be a big concern.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:06 PM   #13
Montana_4221
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4221
cbobandover,
We looked at the 3650rk before we decided on the 3295rk. It is really a nice unit. We love the rear kitchen floor plan. I think you will like the space and getting away from the side kitchen was a selling point for my wife. Make sure you have enough tow vehicle for the job or plan on buying one. Have fun,coming from the popup I'm sure you will enjoy either unit.

Michael& Diana
Montana_4221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:39 AM   #14
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
cbobandover - Don't think you can go wrong choosing a Montana. As you can see from the forum, 99.9% of us love our units and wouldn't trade them for anything else. Of course, the decision lies with you - look at it this way, if you get the bigger unit and love it, you are set for when you retire, if you don't like it, you've got a unit that won't be hard to turn over. Good used Montanas don't last long on the market. Good luck with your decision, and welcome to the forum.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:55 AM   #15
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
very nice choice. you'll be happy with it. the layout is very practical.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 05:42 PM   #16
Montana_4331

M.O.C. #4331
We just purchased our first Montana (used 2004 Montana 2950RK) today from a dealer over the internet. Haven't even seen but pictures of it! We are trading out of an 8' Lance camper. We have a 2yr. old granddaughter and 2 more on the way so thought this was perfect. Any input is greatly appreciated--things we should know, etc. We will pick it up next weekend in another state.
Montana_4331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 05:56 PM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Springer, and congratulations!

If you will click on the "New Topic" link above the first post in this thread or under the bottom one you can start your own thread. Type in your own subject line and then your text. Your post here is fine but more people will likely see it if you start a new one. Good luck and post back if any questions on that.

The 2950RK is a nice rig and I think we have some members here with that model who likely can give you some pointers. Otherwise, don't hesitate to ask. There are no dumb questions here. If there were, I'd be "king of dumb".