Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2020, 08:42 AM   #40
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlockers View Post
Understand this thread is a few years old but wanted to provide my recent experience. Same problem described throughout this thread with our Norcold. Freezer good to go but the Frig was cool but not cold, mid to upper 40 degrees. See posts 4, 24, 38 & 38 where the center flap/overlap piece attached to the left door is mentioned. That's exactly what we found sometimes, not every time, our flap does not snap all the way forward. You can see it, or you can slip a piece of paper between the doors to verify the seal. If the paper slips through, so does the cold air. I have said it before, say it again, this forum is outstanding with a boat load of been there done that info. Joe

I will agree that one problem is the flap along with a host of others. but here in Naples Florida and right now its 94° and were glad we no longer have that POS norcold as my DW is a person that like to bake and cook so the fridge is opened and closed all day because we are full timers. These fridges do not work well in the hot temps and i will tell you we have done alot including a new cooling unit and all the above mentioned to the tune of hundreds and hundreds of dollars in lost food and try this and try that. Seeing that this is an ongoing issue with many Rv owners not only here on this site but on others as well it tells you that there is a problem with these fridges. I am not saying that if you like your Norcold you made a bad choice but the OP was looking into which fridge works better and i am giving him our experience here with these conditions and the resedentual is the way to go.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote