Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
Montana_5830

M.O.C. #5830
Medicare and Medicaid

Help, my mother-in-law travels with us sometimes. She has medicare and medicaid. Has anyone had experience with this and does it work while traveling. I know the medicaid is done from the state where you live, so maybe if you get a mail address in same area it will work. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Jim

Montana_5830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:11 AM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
My mother has Medicaid but lives here in the same state. I would call for information, as my mother is assigned to certain care providers for her services. They have to accept Medicaid. I have all her mail come to me. We have a service here in our area called Senior Services, and they assign a caseworker to each Medicaid recipient. That person is the one who coordinates the care and can actually change it when necessary. If your mother has a caseworker for her Medicaid, that is the person to talk to.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Glen had Medicare and expects it to work wherever we are. Must be a lot of folks traveling with Medicare since so many RVers are......er, mature.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:10 PM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
The medicare works anywhere but the medicaid is administered by the county. Roy and Nancy gave you good info. Contact her case worker.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I am Medicare and it works in all states but your supplements that covers the 20 percent gap may not. For example, Blue Cross supplements are different for each area. The Florida Blue cross will try not to cover up North, but you can switch plans and states. It is almost like they are seperate companies.

Medicaid is usually a last resort insurance for lower income people. So the individual states will usually handle it. Not sure about coverage if it you try to change states and use it. You may have to re-qualify with the state.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote