Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #21
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
I am interested in getting a power cord reel for the 30A cord I use with my Honda Gens in the p/u bed. Any ideas or URLs?

MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:01 AM   #22
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
MAMalody, I had the 50 amp power rewind system on another 5th wheel we had and it worked great. Try this site: RvUgradestore.com. Couldn't get it to link??? GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #23
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I thought I remembered someone saying a year or so ago that you shouldn't leave these cords coiled while plugged in because of the heat they can generate? Of course I may just be losing my mind.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #24
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mac

I thought I remembered someone saying a year or so ago that you shouldn't leave these cords coiled while plugged in because of the heat they can generate? Of course I may just be losing my mind.

mac
`
Mac,
There is some truth in that. When electric current is present, inductive reaction is created and some amount of heat. If the cable is coiled up and used, then more inductive reaction is created and more heat. I've never had a problem with it if the coil is fairly large (3 ft in diameter). If you're ever in an area where there is snow and you have the cable coiled up while connected you will notice no snow on the cable.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #25
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy

MAMalody, I had the 50 amp power rewind system on another 5th wheel we had and it worked great. Try this site: RvUgradestore.com. Couldn't get it to link??? GBY....
The site is www.rvupgradestore.com and it had the reel cord combinations. I am looking just for the reel. I was unable to find them on that site or I didn't know where to look. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Anybody else have a recommendation.

In reference to the heat question, I won't have any problems because my cord is 50' and by the time it hits the grounds and makes the climb to the receptacle at the rear of my trailer and the climb into the bed of my p/u I have used about 45' of cord. So no heat problem. Good thought however.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote