Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
It's home

We finaly picked up our Mountaineer on June 7th and had it home on the 8th. What a beautiful trailer. Had to have a few things fixed but over all we are very happy. We also decided to go with the 7 year warranty and had a water filter and a fantastic fan installed in the bedroom.
We also met some very nice people that were also picking up there units.I'm going to keep reading all the good posts and hope to jump in to help or most likely ask for advice.

Bill

1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Bill & Angie,

Congrats on your new Mountaineer, Hope it brings you many years to pleasure. 7 year warranty is a good idea, we also went with it.
P/S welcome to the MOC, your right, wealth of info.

Take care
fellow Canadian

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:25 AM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and we hope you have many happy times in it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:53 AM   #4
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Congrats Bill & Angie. We have 9 more months to decide about buying our 7 year warranty. We found it quite expensive at $1799., but if you don't have a claim I believe one gets $1500. back. May people here seem to say the extended is a good investment and I think we will purchase it also. Keep us posted of your experiences, ENJOY!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #5
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Bill and Angie;
Hope that you have many happy trips in your Mountaineer. We have the same model and love ours. No problems, no complaints, love our private bathroom, don't you? We are wired for second air unit in bedroom but so far haven't needed it. Fantastic fan sounds like a good idea in the bedroom. Do you plan to come to the rally in September? I think we were the only Mountaineer fifth wheel at last year's rally in Goshen.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
errrr wait a minute, ours is the 2006 year. Your's is newer. Model # is the same tho.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:48 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congrats on your new coach! I look forward to reading all about your upcoming trips...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:36 AM   #8
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
We have a 2006 329RLT we bought last October. We did a lot of looking and reading before the purchase. The open layout and bathroom were two things we wanted no matter which brand. Only had two problems, replaced tire valve stems after a problem with two of them and currently have issue with the slides not opening or closing without tripping the 50 amp breaker a few times.

I see a lot of discussion about the ride relative to things moving and doors opening. We have not had any problems with that in about 2,000 tow miles. I do tie the dining room chairs to the table, not sure why and the two recliners, they don’t move but will rock and rub the material. I found the best way to tie the chairs is back to back so they keep each other from rocking. They are a pain to move but I am getting old.

A good indication of how good it rides was couple weeks ago when the wife left a big puzzle she had not finished on the table for a 95 mile trip home and to dump tanks next day. Parts of the trip were a winding hilly gravel road ½ mile, 10 miles of narrow country road the rest was local 55 MPH roads, not interstates. Puzzle moved toward the kitchen about a foot dumping the edge but that was all. I don’t know what more you could expect.

We have the bigger AC and heater and have camped in below freezing temperatures and upper 90’s and have been comfortable in both situations. Ours is wired for second AC, if we install one it will be as a backup if we take some of our planned trips to the southwest.

It has not been back to the dealer since I pulled it home last October. I have pulled boats for 40 years but the only camper I have had or pulled was my first one, 23’ trailer about 6 months before we bought the 5th wheel so I am not a big time camper yet.

I hope you enjoy your 329 as much as we have.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:39 AM   #9
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Cyrus we haven't had the first issue with our 329 either. Love it!
The only negative we've noticed is that when George was adding the plugs in the basement the holes were just banged in. Looked like someone had just hit the area with a big hammer, so not a neat job at all. I do wish that our awning was longer and maybe to cover the outside plug. It would make it easier to cook breakfast on the griddle! Ours hasn't been back to the place of purchase either.
Sandy