Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
Mel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10238
How to get stains out of sink?

We have a new Montana 3400. My wife is wondering how people get the stains out of the kitchen sink? What products have people found to work?
Thanks

Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:39 AM   #2
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
Soft scrub with bleach.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Ditto, soft scrub with bleach.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
The dishwasher in the stick house we purchased was very badly stained, looked almost like it was smoke stain or something. The inside of the dishwasher was white plastic and the stain was gray black looking. I tried most everything I could find even using straight bleach and nothing would even touch it. Someone told me about using that powdered drink Tang. I put about a cup of Tang in the dishwasher and ran it through the cycle and I was totally amazed, it was white inside. I did it the second time and it actually looked new! I can only say seeing is believing. I am not sure if it would remove the stains in the sink but it would be worth a try if nothing else works. Apparently it is the citric acid that does the cleaning. Another interesting idea is to fill the sink with warm water and drop in a couple of the false teeth cleaner tablets like Polident, it is supposed to work in the toilets too. Amazing.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
About every other week the wife fills the sinks with water and puts in 1/4 cup bleach, let stand for a few minuts and drain. Been doing that for 3 years, sinks still look new. Ours is an 07 3400rl and we fulltime.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
just green

M.O.C. #10302
I definitely have to tell you the best way to get stains out of sinks is a product called At Ease by Shaklee. All their cleaners are organic and totally non-toxic... beats the heck out of cleaning with bleach and breathing in all those fumes! At ease is made from the pitts of cherries so it smells delicious! And it cleans like nothing I've EVER tried before. And you only needs to use just a little bit so it's very inexpensive... check it out on thier website!
just green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #7
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
I have learned that keeping chemicals simple is the best policy. We live in ours fulltime and . basically use a good furniture oil to keep wood looking good, softscrub with bleach for all sinks and shower and then a good liquid type cleaner like pinesol, mr. clean, awesome or the like for cleaning floors, counters. Also a good spot remover for carpet spills.
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote