Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC on M.A.R.S. > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-29-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
My09Ride
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 11
M.O.C. #20335
Post In a Mess

I feel like I'm in a Mess! Have an 11, 3615RE. Have taken care of it like it was one of the kids. Until this yr. . Sat at repair shop all winter. Not my choice... but Stuff Happens. Now Having rotator cuff surgery, and no way I will be able to CLEAN the ROOF, or ANYTHHING else. That is Killing Me. Who could I get to do that for me... Won't be a great Camping Season??? . I will have to ride and pray I have taught the wife to pull it. . and PRAY.
My09Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:17 PM   #2
Theunz
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Catoosa
Posts: 151
M.O.C. #18384
There are usually mobile auto detailers in bigger towns and cities. I bet they would come to you and do the work for half of what a rv dealer would charge.
Theunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:32 AM   #3
TLightning
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kville
Posts: 2,692
M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
There are usually mobile auto detailers in bigger towns and cities. I bet they would come to you and do the work for half of what a rv dealer would charge.
We have friends who used to own a 40' motor home and these mobile detailers would come to their rallys. Apparently they did a great job....but it was $10 a foot, with wheels and roofs extra.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:32 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Ridgeville
Posts: 19,179
M.O.C. #2839
Most any Rv dealer will have facilities to to do what you want. The mobile Rv repair is a option in many areas. I like you can do little in the way of Maint and have no problem f inding someone to do it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:23 AM   #5
Texan
Montana Master
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: new caney
Posts: 536
M.O.C. #19873
Quote:
Originally Posted by My09Ride View Post
I feel like I'm in a Mess! Have an 11, 3615RE. Have taken care of it like it was one of the kids. Until this yr. . Sat at repair shop all winter. Not my choice... but Stuff Happens. Now Having rotator cuff surgery, and no way I will be able to CLEAN the ROOF, or ANYTHHING else. That is Killing Me. Who could I get to do that for me... Won't be a great Camping Season??? . I will have to ride and pray I have taught the wife to pull it. . and PRAY.
I'm fixing to have rotator cuff surgery also and i won't be on my roof for quite a while. Since you have taken very good care of your rv i think you could take a break from the roof and be ok. Some people never get on there roof and seem to get by anyway. My wife doesn't pull the rv so i will have to wait till fall to travel. I would already be having my surgery on left rotator but waiting for my right hand, arm, and face to heal from 2nd degree burns. Two accidents in 5 weeks is enough to keep me grounded for at least 6 months. Good luck with your recovery.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #6
My09Ride
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 11
M.O.C. #20335
Thanks to ALL I never thought about a mobile RV detailer.... Brain Fart I guess. I have found a couple around, and will check it out a little closer.... I did notice though, none do the roof??? Maybe I can get the son-in-law to do it with my supervision... Thanks Again. Texan Good Luck with ALL
My09Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:56 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Ridgeville
Posts: 19,179
M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by My09Ride View Post
Thanks to ALL I never thought about a mobile RV detailer.... Brain Fart I guess. I have found a couple around, and will check it out a little closer.... I did notice though, none do the roof??? Maybe I can get the son-in-law to do it with my supervision... Thanks Again. Texan Good Luck with ALL
Mobile RV repair service will do maint of the roof if needed.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:17 PM   #8
1retired06
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lake Gaston
Posts: 7,213
M.O.C. #12156
Never ran across a mobile rv service that would not take on a roof job.
__________________
Mike and Lorraine
2002 3655 FL, 2005 3650RK
2010 3665RE, 2015 3910FB
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:47 PM   #9
CaptnJohn
Montana Master
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 1,050
M.O.C. #19865
I use a mobile tech for the roof. A mobile wash crew supplies water to wash/rinse with as they are sure it will not leave spots. $4 per foot to wash includes roof and tires and $10 for wash and wax. They leave the windows sparkling too.
__________________
John & Patty
2017 Montana HC 370BR
2016 Lariat F350 4X4
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:24 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Ridgeville
Posts: 19,179
M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I use a mobile tech for the roof. A mobile wash crew supplies water to wash/rinse with as they are sure it will not leave spots. $4 per foot to wash includes roof and tires and $10 for wash and wax. They leave the windows sparkling too.
We use the same kind of service here at our Florida site at about the same price wash and wax.The mobile RV service will inspect and maintain the roof as necessary. These services are not as common up north although most dealers will do it but require the RV be brought to the dealership.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.