Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2016, 01:07 PM   #1
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Hershey show

just got back from the Hershey show. It was way over the top crowded every salesmen I talked to said they sold everything they brought and had more orders than the finance guy could handle. My dealer didn`t bring any Montana`s this year but some guy out of New York brought many HC`s and sold all of them the first day. I looked at all the Brands of 5th wheels and the Heartland was on top for price and fit and finish then came Grand Design then when I walked into 2 Montanas`s and several cabinet doors were on the floor or on a counter and noticed trim missing in places I just walked out. Didn`t see any thing that made me want to buy a new one.

F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:38 PM   #2
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Several cabinet doors laying on the floor ..REALLY???? I Myself have seen trim falling off but no cabinets on the floor been to a lot of RV shows and never have seen that of ANY MFG. and if there was Cabinet door that came loose and fell off I cannot believe the salesmen would just leave them on the floor or counter HHMMMMM?????
Old 09-19-2016, 02:11 AM   #3
Chip
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6338
They must not want to sell the Montanas. Sad.

2012 Big Sky 3400, now an SOB 5th wheel
2007 Montana 3075 previously
2015 GMC 3500 Dually
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:03 AM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Have seen cabinet doors off on several brands at rv shows, so not surprised to hear more of same. I also check out several brands at the shows to see what all are doing layout wise and how the quality is as well as new ideas. John
Old 09-19-2016, 06:48 AM   #5
FordMan1966
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15933
Well I owned 3 Montana's before trading for a Heartland Landmark that had something broken every time we went camping. Traded it back for a Montana Legacy Package decked out and love it.
FordMan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:54 AM   #6
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
I'm sorry to say but I traded my grand design in for the Montana I have now
And the GD was made better and the fit and finish was better. I switched because the Montana was a better price point for the floor plan I have. No I know why. I would defy buy another grand design and that might very well be my next one when I'm ready. I had a Montana back in 2004 and loved it. I can defy see a difference in my new one as far as quality
2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie CTD 6.7
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:45 PM   #7
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Tell that to my 3 buddies with GD Solitudes and they would crack up they have been back many times to the Dealer(or just fixed themselves) for sloppy workmanship and defects, GD or ANY other brand including Montana is not immune to sloppy workmanship,GD's are not Bad Rv's just built no better or worse than anybody else
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kozzy

I'm sorry to say but I traded my grand design in for the Montana I have now
And the GD was made better and the fit and finish was better. I switched because the Montana was a better price point for the floor plan I have. No I know why. I would defy buy another grand design and that might very well be my next one when I'm ready. I had a Montana back in 2004 and loved it. I can defy see a difference in my new one as far as quality
Old 09-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #8
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chip

They must not want to sell the Montanas. Sad.

like I said these guys were busy busy busy I asked one for a tape so I could measure something ( island length in the new Montana) when he realized I was not in there to buy something he disappeared and no tape ever came forth. Welcome to the Millennial attitude.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:24 PM   #9
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
well don't get your feathers in a up roar, just reporting what I saw. WE still like our HC and don't plan on trading for 2 more seasons, but the other floor plans won out hands down . the heartland had a dual A/C system in several units, was much qiutter and cold in the camper with door open all day, it was a Colman Mach something and you could actually hear the TV, not in my camper, at all costs remain calm.
HHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
Old 09-19-2016, 02:30 PM   #10
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I think we will all be O.K. and by the way Montana has been putting Whisper A/C in their Montana's for a few years now as well as many other brands so nothing new there,Ya just barely missed the boat on that one with your 2013 BUMMER and the Heartland had 2 A/C's?? WOW that's a new feature
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bshgto

well don't get your feathers in a up roar, just reporting what I saw. WE still like our HC and don't plan on trading for 2 more seasons, but the other floor plans won out hands down . the heartland had a dual A/C system in several units, was much qiutter and cold in the camper with door open all day, it was a Colman Mach something and you could actually hear the TV, not in my camper, at all costs remain calm.
HHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
Old 09-19-2016, 03:44 PM   #11
Ragtacker
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17932
I moved to Montana from a Bighorn and have never been happier to get rid of the endless problems Heartland is heartless from personal experience
Ragtacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:37 PM   #12
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Just met a nice couple with a brand new 35' Solitude, and it seemed nice and the great room seemed really big compared to our 3 rooms that we have with the 3820FK, but then they are sending their unit back after their first trip for lots of fixes, including their dishwasher that did not work. So I think they all have problems.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:56 AM   #13
FordMan1966
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15933
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ragtacker

I moved to Montana from a Bighorn and have never been happier to get rid of the endless problems Heartland is heartless from personal experience
When I owned my 2013 Heartland Landmark full body paint, I said you can polish a turd but you still have a turd.
FordMan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #14
Sally Newberry
Established Member

M.O.C. #18908
My husband & I went to the show Thursday, Friday & Saturday. We went into each Montana & HC at least twice, some 3x. I did not see any cabinet doors off or laying anywhere.

The show seemed to be a huge success, as always. Every dealer I've talked to says more & more people are buying campers (of all sizes) than ever before. This explains why it's becoming difficult to get a last minute site in campgrounds these days.

We tried talking to the Montana rep from Keystone about some problems we're having with our 3402RL. He didn't seem like he could be bothered to talk to us, instead shoved a business card in our faces & said "call these people at Keystone" & walked away. Now, the Sprinter rep from Keystone was the polar opposite. He sat & talked with us for probably a 1/2 hour about different things going on within the Keystone line as a whole and gave us a few pieces of advice. I wish I remembered his name because I'd call Keystone and give him a glowing review.

We learned a lot from the vendors as well as the seminars. We go every year, I'm counting down until next year's show.
Sally Newberry is offline   Reply With Quote