Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > Camping Clubs within MOC
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
What region

Just bought a new Montana. What region would North Central Arkansas fall into?

How do I join a regional MOC?

Is there an updated calendar of MOC events?

mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #2
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
I don't believe there is such a thing as a regional MOC membership. It is all one happy family with events scheduled throughout the country that fall within certain areas. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:16 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
There are regional MOC rallies. But even those are open to any MOC member.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:42 PM   #4
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Sorry I guess I misunderstood that region posting concept under the forums tab. Let me rephrase the question. Based on the regions listed in the forums tab, what region would Arkansas fall under?
Old 10-22-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have been on the forum since 2005 and I do not think there is a clearly defined regional boundary. My guess is you would fit in the Southeast region
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:01 PM   #6
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
My main interest in knowing what region I would fall under is so I could look at the regional forums from time to time to see if there were any local rallies taking place. Also you need to keep in mind that not everyone on here is retired and as such may not be able to make rallies that are a great distance from their home location. That being the case having regional rallies would be a great way to further increase membership and serve those of us too young to be full time yet. Don't take this to mean that I don't like retired folks because I plan to be one for sure!!!

Also I am thinking there really needs to be a South Central Region. Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana and East Texas are often grouped together as a region.....
Old 12-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You are more than welcome to come to the Central Plains rally in Nebraska next summer.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:58 PM   #8
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
DQ,
Thanks for the invite.
I may in fact show up for a rally in another area when we retire in about 8years but it would be real nice to have one closer by in the meantime.
There is a rally happening with the Montana Rovers (which I think some of the folks here are members of) in Hot Springs, AR. which is very close for us this April. We are signed up for that one already. If your not a member of the Rovers you should join. They also have one in Pigeon Forge, TN scheduled for September. Both of those would be closer for me than Nebraska or Indiana.....
Old 02-03-2018, 02:41 PM   #9
Slufoot733
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9928
mtlakejim,
Attending ANY rally is well worth the time. 99% of the folks at the rallies are great folks, the other 1% are good folks .
We have met so many new friends, several of which we keep in touch with year round. Plus, there is a ton of info and assistance available when you have a question or problem. Many times product reps will come to a rally and demonstrate their items, even make them available at reduced prices.
Some folks you meet might live nearby your home and can become traveling partners in the future.
Keep in mind, if for some reason you don't like the rally, then you don't have to attend another.....but I bet ya will!
Slufoot733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #10
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slufoot733 View Post
mtlakejim,
Attending ANY rally is well worth the time. 99% of the folks at the rallies are great folks, the other 1% are good folks .
We have met so many new friends, several of which we keep in touch with year round. Plus, there is a ton of info and assistance available when you have a question or problem. Many times product reps will come to a rally and demonstrate their items, even make them available at reduced prices.
Some folks you meet might live nearby your home and can become traveling partners in the future.
Keep in mind, if for some reason you don't like the rally, then you don't have to attend another.....but I bet ya will!
We are attending a rally with the Rovers that is in our home state in April. We would attend other rallies further away but we still work for a living. When we retire and go semi full time then we will likely attend a few more outside of our area but for now if it isn't in a surrounding state or fall along the travel path we are using for one of our longer vacations we are not likely to attend.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys