Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #1
showme

M.O.C. #22658
Hey all, from Missouri

My wife and I just ran across a great deal on an older (2000) Montana 3670RL, and are going to pick it up tomorrow. It's in very good shape, minus a previous leak in the front outer corner of the dinette/couch slide out, but the leak has been repaired. Our first 5th wheel was a '90 Holiday Rambler which we sold in '06. But I do have one problem that has to be fixed, and that is a stuck slide that has to be retracted.
We're retired, and this unit is first and foremost being bought to park on 43 acres that we just bought in southeast Missouri in order to build a house on. For awhile, it will be our break room and overnight motel while we work on the property and get ready to build in the spring. After that, it will be to travel in. Anyway, for $4000, we're elated about it. Unfortunately, it came cheap due to someone else's misfortune per the loss of a loved one.
I've been checking with our old forum, RV.net, and watching every youtube video on slide problems, and I think I can handle the closing of the slide, then we'll bring it back down home and leave it with the trusty RV repair shop we used with the HR to go over and "tune it up" before we move it to the property.
My question is (I know, I should put this on a specific subject forum) can anyone tell me what type/brand of slides these Montana's use so I can acquaint myself a little better? I got under it and found it uses cables at each end, but it has what looks like a hydraulic cylinder piston rod sticking out almost to the spot that it's supposed to connect to the outer slide wall, but it's been backed off and it's not connected. (The other side is, though). Anyway, I know I'm going to have to open the belly panel up to get to things if the new battery doesn't work, or if a fuse isn't blown. Any ideas or info would be appreciated. Glad to have found this forum, and I believe you'll be hearing from us regularly. Hopefully, mostly positive stuff. Lee & Verla Butcher
showme is offline   Reply With Quote