Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
kroencke
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8171
houston texas to belfast maine

Planning another trip to Belfast, Maine and for sure will go through Gatlinburg, but wonder what recommendations people have for least congested route from Gatlinburg to Maine. Thanks, Jackie

kroencke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Jackie and Dave,
When we made the trip to New England, we stopped in Memphis at the Tom Sawyer Mississippi River CG and spent Memorial Day weekend there. Visited the Elvis Mansion - and museum. Glad we made the stop. Next run was a little longer than we anticipated, but stopped at Deer Run CG in Crossville, TN. Out of the way place, quiet, lake, lots of solitude. Both places are Passport America. Another nice place we stayed at was North Fork CG in Front Royal, VA. There are just so many nice places. We took 40 to 81 to 84 into New England.

Crossville, TN, is about half way between Nashville and Knoxville.

Front Royal is at the beginning of the Sky Line Drive. Don't take the trailer up Skyline as there is a tunnel around hwy 211 on Sky Line that is 12'8" and a 3400RL with front AC will not clear it. We did the Drive in just the 1 ton.

There are a lot of members that have other nice places to list. All travelling is good.

When are you going?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
hELLO:

I agree with the I-81 Routing to I-84 - You can then hop around Hartford, CT on I-691 to I-91 North, to Route 15 back onto I-84 East to The Mass Pike (I-90) --

I would then take I-290 to I-495 North to I-95 North

When are you traveling ? Most of the RV parks in Maine & NH have closed for the season or are closing up this weekend

My wife & I, along with my brother and his family are headed out this weekend to Bayleys in Scarborough ME.

My brother just bought a used pop-up (a 1999 Dutchman in great shape), so this is his maiden voyage this weekend.

This will be our last hurrah, before heading South after XMAS

Hope to see a few folks at the Tampa RV show or the proposed mini-rally (ies) in Florida.
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #4
kroencke
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8171
Thanks everyone for the info. We aren't going till end of May but are planning the trip now. Haven't been back east so not sure what to expect.
kroencke is offline   Reply With Quote