Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2004, 10:57 AM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
found a fire place

Theirs a guy on this forum"RON" nice guy.I have been wanting to install a fire place.And from Ron`s help I have found the perfect spot.Its the computer desk(if you can call it a desk)right under the TV.He took off his doors and the left side trim and the fire place insert fit perfect.Looks like it came straight from the factory.he bought it at "Menards"Well just my luck their isn`t a Menards even some what close to me.Probably the closest one to me is in Ohio.I live in Philadelphia.I`ve searched high and low for a fire place insert on line and nothing is small enough to fit where I need it.I did get on the manufacturers site where Ron`s is made but they don`t sell direct from their factory.
Really don`t know why i`am posting this thread only to vent my disappointment.

I can just hear my wife when I tell her i`am driving to Ohio to buy a $170 dollar fire place insert.Its about a 7 hour drive.i`am a little different but I don`t think i`am that crazy.lol

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:30 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Harley, have a nice trip. Tell us how it looks when you get it installed. If it keeps you warm, so much the better. If I go West or North it takes 7 hours to just get out of Texas. Nothin' to it. Go man go.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:14 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Harleyrider, we once drove 525 miles one way just to go to Mall of America.

Do you have a Home Depot or Lowe's or similar store in your area? Isn't Menard's about the same as those stores?

If not, take the Montana and make a mini-vacation out of it!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:48 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have been known to drive over to Seattle from here (approx 325 miles each way) to have dinner with my sister who I dont see all that often and then drive back home the same day. Having split days off really stinks but one has to do what you can with a day here and a day there. I would have to agree with the rest, call and locate your fireplace have them hold it and hit the road running. Life is too short not to do something out of the normal every now and then. Good luck...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:39 AM   #5
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by harleyrider

Theirs a guy on this forum"RON" nice guy.I have been wanting to install a fire place.And from Ron`s help I have found the perfect spot.Its the computer desk(if you can call it a desk)right under the TV.He took off his doors and the left side trim and the fire place insert fit perfect.Looks like it came straight from the factory.he bought it at "Menards"Well just my luck their isn`t a Menards even some what close to me.Probably the closest one to me is in Ohio.I live in Philadelphia.I`ve searched high and low for a fire place insert on line and nothing is small enough to fit where I need it.I did get on the manufacturers site where Ron`s is made but they don`t sell direct from their factory.
Really don`t know why i`am posting this thread only to vent my disappointment.

I can just hear my wife when I tell her i`am driving to Ohio to buy a $170 dollar fire place insert.Its about a 7 hour drive.i`am a little different but I don`t think i`am that crazy.lol
Just curious. Why would anyone install a fireplace in a TT?? A bit like putting a bar in a Yugo.. Is this a joke thread?
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:40 AM   #6
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
If you are sure of the make and Model and have the Menards cat.number you can order it by telephone if not on line and have it shipped.
My Navigator is real interested in that same information. We will not be near our neighborhood Menards Store until March sometime but would like to look at that fireplace to see if it could go into our outfit. Please list the essentials if you can.
Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:47 AM   #7
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
[quote]Originally posted by stiles watson

Harley, have a nice trip. Tell us how it looks when you get it installed. If it keeps you warm, so much the better. If I go West or North it takes 7 hours to just get out of Texas. Nothin' to it. Go man go.
----------------

Stiles,

Doesn't seem to make much difference wheren we are going from Texas when we leave the State we are about half way.

I met a guy from Alaska one time who was trying to start an ugly rumor. Claimed that Alaska was going to subdivide into two parts which of course would leave Texas as the third largest state.
Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:58 AM   #8
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
315RLC

Guess you didn`t read my post right.i don`t own a TT I have a 5th wheel.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:26 PM   #9
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Harleyrider -

Maybe you'll get to Menards and they'll be out but give you a raincheck. Just kidding. I assume that you have looked on the internet. I found a number of different ones from e-bay to Target to Northern Tools. If you know your dimensions, you should be able to find something that way. Lowes showed quite a few on their website. Menards website isn't good for that. Hope this helps.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:18 PM   #10
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Well as luck has it I found my fire place.No trip to OHIO for this man.Bought it on line at www.addco.com

The perfect size where I will install.Has a remote also.I think that brings me up to 4 or 5 remotes.

What more could I ask for sitting in front of the TV with the fire place going and a full assortment of remotes in front of me.LIFES GOOD.lol
Old 12-10-2004, 02:44 AM   #11
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by harleyrider

315RLC Guess you didn`t read my post right.i don`t own a TT I have a 5th wheel.
symantics
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 04:12 AM   #12
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Awww Harley, I thought we were goin' to get ya to take a ride to Ohio and fetch that sucker. Well, glad you found it on line. As for your five remotes, if you can work them all, you are a better man than I am. Got to keep a 10-year-old around to figure them out along with opening them child-proof pill bottles. Enjoy the fireplace.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:52 AM   #13
Sunseekers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #710
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunseekers
Harleyrider

I am interested in a fireplace so clicked on your www.addco link.
That site is about traffic solutions! Would you please post the correst address?
Thanks
Sunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:06 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
315RLS, the fireplace is a factory option now. They're not gas or wood burning but electric. So the flames are not "real" but the ones we saw that Keystone puts in the Montanas do look very real and they have a switch to put out heat or run without heat. Pretty nice set up. We didn't get this option although I'd love to have it. We needed the extra storage space.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:12 AM   #15
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Dave and Dixie

Opps sorry about the wrong web address."what you don`t want to learn about traffic solutions"laughing

The correct address is i promise www.electricfireplace.com
Old 12-10-2004, 11:36 AM   #16
Sunseekers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #710
Harleyrider
Thanks for the web site info. Exactly which fireplace did you find to fit. Make - model etc. Keep us posted as to how it all works.
Thanks
Old 12-10-2004, 12:56 PM   #17
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Dave and Dixie

The one I got is the Dimplex-23 deluxe model.This is the only one small enough to fit below my TV.Just got a e-mail from the place and it will be shipped out on Monday.

I`am very excited about my new "fake" fire place.Doesn`t take much to excite me huh?Doesn`t show in the picture but it comes with a glass front.And have it work with just the flame,or high heat,or half heat.

Now all I need is my Fake marshmellows and I`ll be set.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:55 PM   #18
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Harleyrider -

Now you have an opportunity to really go high tech - get one of those 8 device remote controls that will do everything. Take a week or two to program. Lot of fun. Good luck with the new fireplace.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:44 PM   #19
Sunseekers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #710
Harleyrider
I like the fireplace insert but am concerned that it says to
"Use in masonry or steel fireplace openings" How can one deal with that in that small opening?

http://www.thevictorianfireplace.com...ame_insert.htm
Old 12-10-2004, 06:44 PM   #20
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Dave & dixie

I asked that exact same question when ordering.I told the guy(Bob)that this insert will be going in a cabinet and will fit very snugly.I said should I be concerned about possible heat damaging the wood around it.he said it won`t be a problem.He told me they sell a ton of these for Rv`s and hasn`t had any complaints.He said you can take it out of the box plug it in right in the middle of the floor if you want.Its just like any other electric heater but with the fire place illusion.I don`t see any reason not to belive him.

If your still concerned just hold off on the purchase and wait until I install mine.It should be here some time at the end of next week.I`ll put it in and start it up.Let it run for a few hours and if my Montana doesn`t burn to the ground-you`ll be good to go.Hows that.I`am pretty sure that for the most part all these fire places are the same.I don`t believe that the ones that are put in at the factory have any special barrier around them.Others that do have the factory installed ones can chime in on this.