Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2014 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2014, 04:10 AM   #1
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Refund Anyone?

Has anyone who had to cancel attending the rally received a refund? I sent a PM to the montanaadministrator 6 or 7 days ago asking for information and can't seem to get a answer.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
The books are being closed out and you should receive your refund soon! Don't know who you tried contact in the Administrators of MOC but if you check out the main page of the Forum you can find where to send any contacts concerning the Rally or any other aspect of the Forum!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:28 AM   #3
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Never mind, received notification this morning that my PayPal account had received the refund, minus the 2.9% of course. Had this message from the MOC attached to the PayPal refund: "Refund of your rally fee. No request came to me to refund. I sincerely apologize for the delay. All my best, Lady RV".

Now I just have to figure out how to navigate the correct steps to suck my money out of PayPal. Don't want to hit the wrong button and send it someplace else.

Thank you Lady RV for all your hard work and everything you do.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
napria
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14116
I set up a separate bank account to link with my paypal account just for the purpose of taking that money out without exposing our main accounts to that kind of vulnerability. The rep at our credit union said many people are doing that. No fees and only a $5 balance required by our Credit Union.
napria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:28 AM   #5
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by napria

I set up a separate bank account to link with my paypal account just for the purpose of taking that money out without exposing our main accounts to that kind of vulnerability. The rep at our credit union said many people are doing that. No fees and only a $5 balance required by our Credit Union.
I am going through the steps now to get my money back from PayPal. Never had a PayPal account prior to being required to have one for attendance at the rally.

Now since I linked my account they have to send two small deposits, then pull them back out to confirm my correct account. After that I can transfer the money. As soon as all that happens I will be closing my PayPal account.

That is a good idea on setting up a different account for less exposure. But the last thing I need being full time and paperless is another bank account, let alone a PayPal account I never use just to pay for a rally once per year. We will have to reevaluate for next year.