Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
Awning relay module

Our awning quit working from the rocker switch in the coach but still works from the remote control. I traced the problem to the relay module located in the wall opening behind the switch.

Has anyone replaced this module or have the Dometic part nmber? I stopped by a Keystone dealer in Bangor, ME. He called Dometic but they had a 20 person back-up on the phone and we won't be in this area long enough for him to order one so I blew it off for now. It's not really a problem. I just want to get it operational when we get home.

Thanks for any help you may offer

alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Allan,
Just as a suggestion, have you had a helper press the rocker switch on the wall while looking at your 12 volt fuse panel? I had a friend of mine with a Mountaineer who just had this very same issue. The awning would work with the remote, but not with the wall mounted rocker switch. When he pressed the rocker switch and looked at the fuse panel there was a red light above the blown fuse. The red light will only come on if there is a power demand on the circuit. He replaced the blown fuse and all is well now. Just a thought.

Jack
Old 09-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
That was a good thought. The fuse panel was the first placed I looked. In fact not seeing any leds burning, I removed each fuse and checked each and every one for continuity.

I removed the shrink tubing they had put around the relay module and there was a fried land on the underside of the module. I can repair the land but I jumpered across the fried area and it still didn't work so apparently a component was fried as well. Besides the relay, the PC board has two SCR's, two diodes and a number of resistors.

Thanks for your thoughts.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote